Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass

lugal
Explorer C

My husband has a Companion Pass, and I am designated as his companion.  We booked a flight for July, and I just saw that the price for the same flight went down.  How can we get the lower price?  

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Companion Pass

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Assuming your husband booked a Wanna Get Away fare (and not a "refundable*" one), just go online and use the "change flight" function, and choose the same flight but at the lower fare.

*If you've booked a "refundable" fare (Business Select, Anytime, Senior, etc.) you will lose the refundability if you make any changes to the itinerary at any time. In this case, you'd cancel the CP holder and the companion's flight, then rebook the CP holder at the new fare, then add the companion.

kmlipinski
Adventurer C

You will need to cancel your companion ticket first. Then, change your husbands ticket. you can then hit get companion ticket again. Hope this helps.

Kathy

chgoflyer
Aviator A

I haven't done it myself, but my understanding is that recent changes to the booking system have eliminated the need to cancel the companion's ticket prior to a refare of the same flight.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@chgoflyer wrote:

I haven't done it myself, but my understanding is that recent changes to the booking system have eliminated the need to cancel the companion's ticket prior to a refare of the same flight.

That would be nice. I dind't try it when I recently changed flights doing it "the old way" but will see if it works at the next opportunity.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.