Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass

lmd
Explorer C

How long does it take for me to receive my companion pass?  I have met spending eligibility requirements.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Companion Pass

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Your statement / billing cycle will need to close first for Chase to notify Southwest - they don't monitor the spending in real-time.

After that however it should be fairly quick. When is your next upcoming flight that you'd use it?

@lmd wrote:

How long does it take for me to receive my companion pass?  I have met spending eligibility requirements.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Re: Companion Pass

jjsanders
Explorer C

It will take about a month to receive the card.  I have never needed a card to book or check in. 

Your companion benefit should be immediately available after the point posting that takes you over the 110K points.  At that point you will see a spot on your online dashboard to  enter your companion or call SWA and they can enter the details over the phone.  After the companion is successfully added you can begin booking companion reservations.  No waiting. 

It used to be a requirement that they have a Rapid Reward number, so go ahead and begin that process, if your companion does not have an RR #.