Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion Pass

Amydee
Explorer C

I’m new to SW Companion Pass, so apologies for asking what is probably pretty basic....

To date, I’ve earned a Companion Pass through 2020. Am I correct to assume that I’ve kind of maxed out my ability to bank any more benefits by using the SW Chase card for the remainder of 2019?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Companion Pass

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

For me, I continue to use my Chase RR card to continue to earn RR points, especially on SW purchases.

With that said, there is not any more you can do this year to further benefit you from a CP perspective.  You will want to requalify next year for the 2021 calendar year, so starting in January is when you should endeavor to keep your CP another year!

The way I see it is this: if you really value SW RR points, keep using the card.  If you have nother cards you value the points on more, use it for the rest of 2019.

Make sense @Amydee ?

-A List, Companion Pass holder

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Love the way you spelled that out, @elijahbrantley!

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

Amydee
Explorer C

Thanks so much!

@elijahbrantley wrote:

For me, I continue to use my Chase RR card to continue to earn RR points, especially on SW purchases.

With that said, there is not any more you can do this year to further benefit you from a CP perspective.  You will want to requalify next year for the 2021 calendar year, so starting in January is when you should endeavor to keep your CP another year!

The way I see it is this: if you really value SW RR points, keep using the card.  If you have nother cards you value the points on more, use it for the rest of 2019.

Make sense @Amydee ?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

I keep earning myself - the points are now twice as valuable with a companion pass! 

The one change to habits as long as you aren’t chasing A-list or ALP is to use points bookings for personal travel the rest of the year, and back to paying for flights January 1.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.