Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion pass promotion question

TKERHOME1
Explorer C

After you qualify for the companion pass can you go ahead and book your flights for Jan/Feb and then add your companion to the flights after Jan 6th?  Or do you have to book your travel after Jan 6th in order to add your companion?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Companion pass promotion question

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

You can book your travel anytime, you will not be able to add a companion until Jan 6.

I suggest you read the FAQ to understand how the offer works

https://www.southwest.com/html/rapidrewards/companionpasspromo.html?clk=6329052&cbid=6329052

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

If you are worried about your flights in Jan/Feb selling out you could book your companion on points if you have enough then on January 6th when you get the companion pass you can add the companion and cancel the points reservation. 

-Blake

tracycarroll
Explorer C

This is my first time on here and I haven't been able to find the answer to my question. I purchased a round trip ticket yesterday, but before that I did register for the promotion. I used points to book my flight, but I haven't received any notification about the companion pass. Someone please help! 🙂

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@tracycarroll As mentioned above, please read the FAQs. You won't receive any notification until after you have completed the required flights.

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

@tracycarroll 

Points reservations don't qualify for this promotion you would need to book a revenue flight (with gift card, travel funds, LUV Voucher, or credit card) 

-Blake

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Good catch @bec102896, she's definitely not going to get notification of earning CP based on that.

--TheMiddleSeat