Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion pass promotion

cocowum
Explorer C

I completed the qualifying flight for this promotion on Wednesday. When will I see the companion pass on my account?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Companion pass promotion

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

I'd suggest you review the FAQ for the promotion:

https://www.southwest.com/html/rapidrewards/companionpasspromo.html?clk=6329052&cbid=6329052

--TheMiddleSeat

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

Specifically from the FAQs @TheMiddleSeat shared:

"Once you are qualified for Promotional Companion Pass, meaning you registered, booked and traveled on a qualifying flight during the applicable dates specified in promotion terms and conditions, you will receive an email from Southwest that includes information on next steps and how to designate and utilize the Promotional Companion Pass. Marketing intends to send this email to all qualifying Members within 10 days after the second flight is completed."

Enjoy!

-A List, Companion Pass holder

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Yes, they generally show up within a week.  At least mine has always done so.  Sometimes even the same day I have points posted that I surpassed the magic number.

gsking
Aviator C

No,  it won't.   You WILL NOT get your companion pass until Jan 6.  This has been answered already. 

You may get email notification before hand... but you may not 

faitat76
Explorer C

I completed my round trip flight on Oct 13 and did not receive notification email. Wonder if anyone else are on the same boat.

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

I have not received or heard anything since completing my flights on the 15th. I am unsure how or if they'll send any info, Sorry.

swwfk
Explorer C

Is it really going to be issued after 1/6/2022 mentioned in earlier reply?   

I completed mine on 10/9 and haven't received it.  Submitted the question to customer service.  Forwarded to Marketing with complete silence.

The promotion site itself says 10 business days after completion of second flight.

https://www.southwest.com/html/rapidrewards/companionpasspromo.html?clk=6328033&RR_NUMBER=c970dec90d...

Once you are qualified for Promotional Companion Pass, meaning you registered, booked and traveled on a qualifying flight during the applicable dates specified in promotion terms and conditions, you will receive an email from Southwest that includes information on next steps and how to designate and utilize the Promotional Companion Pass. Marketing intends to send this email to all qualifying Members within 10 days after the second flight is completed.

gsking
Aviator C

I repeat... that's what happened last year.   No notification, just a pass on the day it started.   Even calling didn't help... they couldn't even confirm my status.