Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Companion pass

Explorer C

I have 45000 points left to earn for a companion pass.  What is the fastest way out there?  

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Companion pass

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

Hi,

If you have the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards credit card you can charge $45K on it before the end of the year.  With the credit card you could spend $22.5K on Southwest gift cards.  You could take four round trip business select trips for $1000 each and earn 48K points.  If you have the credit card you could be eligible to refer people and earn I think up to 20K points.  Take advantage of Southwest Rapid Rewards shopping, Rapid Rewards dining you can do free surveys at e-miles & E-rewards.  There are lots of way but time is runing out!  Take a look at the book "The Magic Of Points"

BullsFan
Adventurer A

how can someone get referal points for suggesting the credit card to friends?  I have gotten them for family members but never seen how to get the referal bonus- thx

franktravel
Aviator B

The offer comes in regular mail.  I thinks it's from chase but it could be from Southwest.  You get 5K points if a friend gets the credit card! awesome deal I have received them quite often.

morganmon
Explorer C

Once the user registers, you should recieve the points. I believe however that they must spend the 2k first to get the 50k and that may apply to the 5k as well, but I am submitted 5 users as well and am waiting on points!

morganmon
Explorer C

I have 22k points I need for companion. I am going to take one trip for double points this month (9k) in points, using my card until the end of the year for points as well (8k) in additon. I have also signed up 5 people for the card for the referral bonus points putting me well over 22k. If you want easy points and not spend money I suggest you get those referral points (5K a person).