Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: CompanionPass Covid Bonus Points

KWest
Explorer C

This was sent out on April 16th and we still havent recieved the extra points.

"we are giving all Rapid Rewards Members a "boost" of 15,000 tier qualifying points and 10 flight credits toward A-List and A-List Preferred status, and 25,000 Companion Pass qualifying points and 25 flight credits toward Companion Pass status."

When will we see these points added?

DMB2step4136
Explorer C
Spoiler

My points were added last night, and are visible in my account starting today

bec102896
Aviator A

@KWest wrote:

This was sent out on April 16th and we still havent recieved the extra points.

"we are giving all Rapid Rewards Members a "boost" of 15,000 tier qualifying points and 10 flight credits toward A-List and A-List Preferred status, and 25,000 Companion Pass qualifying points and 25 flight credits toward Companion Pass status."

When will we see these points added?

The boost have posted to all of my family members accounts as well as my account. 

Keep in mind these points are not spendable (yes some think southwest is just giving away free dependable points which is not the case)  just a boost towards earning status. 

-Blake

soxfan82
Adventurer C

I was wondering if they were spendable or not. That's disappointing, as someone who already earned 125K points for the Companion Pass prior to the COVID situation.

So basically if you're in the group that already earned a CP before all this..."congrats, here's 25K points that don't do anything and you can't use them for anything". Wow, thanks! lol

bec102896
Aviator A

@soxfan82 wrote:

I was wondering if they were spendable or not. That's disappointing, as someone who already earned 125K points for the Companion Pass prior to the COVID situation.

So basically if you're in the group that already earned a CP before all this..."congrats, here's 25K points that don't do anything and you can't use them for anything". Wow, thanks! lol

Yeah the airline won't be paying every RR member to fly (by giving out that many points) or they would go bankrupt. 

shsdss
Explorer C

I have not seen these yet, are they still slowly posting them??

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@shsdss wrote:

I have not seen these yet, are they still slowly posting them??

They should already be posted to your account. As a reminder, they're not spendable points -- they're only Companion Pass Qualifying points, meaning they will get you closer to CP qualification. Your CP counter in your account should reflect the addition.

dfwskier
Aviator A