Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Covid Bonus Points?

Kgmflyer5884
Explorer A

When were the bonus points added to our accounts? I don’t see any activity in my account that lists bonus points. Are these Covid bonus points still being added to accounts? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Covid Bonus Points?

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Covid bonus points apply only to A-List qualification. If you had 3 segments flown before the virus hit, SW added 10 segments   to it, and you now have 13 segments. Likewise SW added 15,000 points to your progress to attaining A-List via points. The company also added 25,000

companion pass qualification point to RR accounts.

They should be called A-List qualification bonus points because they can only be used to help you qualify for A-List. You should see them reflected in your personal progress towards A-List

The points do not count towards your current multi-year point total and can not be used to book points flights.

Kgmflyer5884
Explorer A

Thank you, dfwskier. I thought they were adding bonus points to all RR members. I appreciate your clarification. 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Double Rapid Rewards points are being awarded to all travelers who register for the promotion, then book flights and fly.  These are bonus RR points in addition to the A-List boost that @dfwskier is referring to.

The details of this bonus are:

"After you register, every flight you complete between May 12 and August 31 could earn you double Rapid Rewards points. Double points get you closer to that long weekend or future getaway. Simply register, book, and fly by August 31 and those points are yours. Member will receive double Rapid Rewards points within four days after completion of entire ticket."

As with other RR promotions it is very important that you register first, then book the flight.  If you did register then purchase the flight and you have waited 4 days after completing your travel I would suggest you contact customer relations to inquire about the missing bonus points.

--TheMiddleSeat