Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Credit Card Bonus Points - Timeline of Receiving Them?

LOWESISLAND
Explorer C

Question - why does it take Southwest 30 days to post my Chase new account bonus offer?  In the prior billing cycles, my Rapid Rewards account was updated 2 business days after my Chase billing cycle ended.

it seems the points at Year-end are pointed faster until the new year begins and then they’re delayed.  I qualified for my Companion pass on January 2nd (per my Chase credit card statement).  Normally, I’d see those points in my southwest Rapid Rewards account on January 4th, but it’s January 13th and I’m still waiting.

i know the “offer” says it takes 30 days - I know the “rules” - but why when it’s 2 days normally?   Is Southwest waiting to see if I pay my bill (i.e., to be sure my Chase account is not in default)?

I’d  just like to know the reason it takes up to 30 days.  Otherwise, it looks like Southwest is simply trying to cut off time where I can use my Companion pass.

thanks...

Re: Credit Card Bonus Points - Timeline of Receiving Them?

lavendernoevir
Explorer C

Based on my recent experience, I agree with your observation that SW post the points a lot quicker towards the end of the year but very slow beginning of the year.  Very frustrated!