Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Curious - I'm closer to companion pass than A-list according to my RR-Report ... is that possibl

franktravel
Aviator B

Hi 

You do not get any A-list benefits if you only earn the Companion Pass.  The benefit is you get to take someone for free every time you fly!  sounds god to me.  I do the surveys and earn an extra 10,000-12,000 points per year.  I think its worth it.  You will receive double points from the credit card when you make purchases with Southwest and Southwest Partners.

Re: Curious - I'm closer to companion pass than A-list according to my RR-Report ... is that possibl

griff90
Explorer C

What surveys are you talking about and do they get you tier qualifying points?    I have the companion pass but lost my A-list status and I HATE not having the A-list status.    I have nearly 400,000 points and companion pass status but I'm not A-list.

It's doubtful I will wind up with 13 round trip flights this year - I'm normally around 8-9 so I need to figure out how to get enough TQPs to get back on the A-List....

chgoflyer
Aviator A

A-List tier qualifying points are very limited. Essentially, they are only those earned through actual flying ("butt in seat"), plus the small amount earned specifically by the Premier Southwest Visa card.

"A Member who has a Rapid Rewards Premier Card from Chase will earn 1,500 Tier Qualifying Points for every $10,000 in eligible net purchases on that card, up to 15,000 Tier Qualifying Points per year."

ridgeway
Adventurer C
Solution

Update time!

Smiley Tongue I made it! Got A-List as well!

Quick question though, I now see that you can only get 'up to' 10,000 companion qualifying points via the RR CC which I believe is a new policy... am I correct? Thoughts?

Any other new policy changes I should take note to keep the Companion Gravy train going??

LUV'ing the LUV from SWA! 

Thanks,

Ridge

-----

--
Main flight paths are between DEN -> DAL (LUV Field) -> AUS -> PVR

franktravel
Aviator B

A Member who has a Rapid Rewards Premier Card from Chase will earn 1,500 Tier Qualifying Points for every $10,000 in eligible net purchases on that card, up to 15,000 Tier Qualifying Points per year.  This is not a new policy.

One change:

Points converted from hotel and car loyalty programs, and e-Rewards, e-Miles, Valued Opinions, and Diners Club on or after April 1, 2017, purchased points, points transferred between Members, points earned from program enrollment, tier bonus points, flight bonus points, and Partner bonus points (with the exception of the Rapid Rewards Credit Cards from Chase) do not qualify as Companion Pass qualifying points.

ridgeway
Adventurer C

Thanks for clarifying - I basically got companion by a mix of the card use, and trying to use every outlet like the car rental/hotel bookings to get there. I guess the car/hotel points were more impacting than the card use though. Though I really want to say the card didn't have a 15,000 cap, but I'd have to go back in my records of RR points etc etc. 

Cheers,

Ridge

------

--
Main flight paths are between DEN -> DAL (LUV Field) -> AUS -> PVR

chgoflyer
Aviator A

The 15,000 cap applies to A-List qualifying points, not Companion Pass.

All points earned from the RR credit card, including bonus points, are CP qualifying.