Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

DON'T TRANSFER POINTS

paulamahon18
Explorer C

If you are thinking of transferring points from one Rapid Reward account to another, to share with your family or friends.... DON'T!

I didn't realize there was a fee. I thought it meant the amount shown was the value of the points being transferred so I didn't hesitate to transfer points. That was a mistake on my part...for not reading the "small print".

But regardless, I ended up paying like double the price for a flight for my daughter by transferring points which is very disappointing. 

It makes me very discouraged so I just wanted to share my experience which I am sure many like me have gone through by not realizing the amount was the cost of the transfer. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: DON'T TRANSFER POINTS

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

It sucks to learn the hard way, but it's mentioned quite frequently in posts here that there's no need to transfer points, just have the account holder purchase the flight for someone else.  In fact, I just posted this yesterday, "Since transferring points is expensive my suggestion would be to log into the account and purchase flights for other people"

Also, don't buy points.

--TheMiddleSeat