Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Did anyone receive the "boost" from email in April?

vickyinepa
Explorer C

Hi,

I got an email back in April 2020 about points and a "boost" being given for points for all rapid reward members but I never received any. The email says they will automatically be added to your account. Anyone receive the points?

This is from the email:

For all Rapid Rewards® Members, we recognize that your normal flying behavior has been interrupted, limiting progress you may have been making toward qualification for A-List, A-List Preferred, and Companion Pass. For that reason, we are giving all Rapid Rewards Members a "boost" of 15,000 tier qualifying points and 10 flight credits toward A-List and A-List Preferred status, and 25,000 Companion Pass qualifying points and 25 flight credits toward Companion Pass status.

These moves represent additional ways to either work toward or to use these benefits once you're ready to begin traveling again. These adjustments will happen automatically and will be reflected in your Southwest Rapid Rewards My Account page over the coming weeks. Learn more on the extension and the boost by visiting Southwest.com/RRcoronavirusupdates.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Did anyone receive the "boost" from email in April?

bec102896
Aviator A

Was your Rapid Rewards account opened on or before April 1st 2020? If so I would Contact Customer Relations as you should have qualified for the boost to earn status. If your account was created after April 1st unfortunately you are ineligible for the boost to earn status in this case you could still try contacting customer relations but no guarantees on what they can or can't do. 

-Blake

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

Keep in mind that the "boost" is to your Tier Qualifying Points and Companion Pass Qualifying Points, so you won't see any increase in the amount of available points you have. The boost isn't spendable, it's just a bump that pushes you closer to earning A-List and Companion Pass. You'll see the boosts reflected in your status earnings trackers under My Rapid Rewards.

bec102896
Aviator A

@chgoflyer wrote:

Keep in mind that the "boost" is to your Tier Qualifying Points and Companion Pass Qualifying Points, so you won't see any increase in the amount of available points you have. The boost isn't spendable, it's just a bump that pushes you closer to earning A-List and Companion Pass. You'll see the boosts reflected in your status earnings trackers under My Rapid Rewards.

Good point! It does amaze me how many people think the airline will just give you free points to use on flights though. 

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Well, I got the BOOST, and much appreciated since they upped the Companion up to 125,000

shelbyusn
Frequent Flyer C

Yes I got it, I'm on the fast track.

Also got 5X points from Chase in Nov - Dec for Amazon and Groceries.

I am a Sailor

Did anyone receive the "boost" from email in April?

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

The boost actually got me almost to A list when they had given them out, and this is the closest I've ever been to A-List Plus, Preferred, or whatever it is.  I'm about 20,000 away and don't look like I'm going to get it since really the only way to get them is by flying.  I've got flights, but have been smart enough to book those way ahead on 120 or less flights, so only get about 700 points per flight.  

jspribyl
Explorer C

Can you explain what exactly you mean by 'on the fast track'? 

Also, can you see the boost points posted on your "points activity" page in April? Mine does not show the boost points ever hitting my account.  I changed the 'point type' to CPQ as well and it still doesn't show the 25,000 boost points! Screen Shot 2020-11-11 at 7.22.12 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-11-11 at 7.23.52 AM.png

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@jspribyl 

The boost points do not show up in your account as activity or even points that can be redeemed.  The only place you will see them is in My Account in the My Rapid Rewards section.  There you will see your progress towards earning A-List and Companion Pass and the boost points are included.  They are also shown as 10 segments flown towards A-List and 25 segments towards Companion Pass.

--TheMiddleSeat

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

I got the boost, and it did help, I've already got the A-List and will get the companion this month.  Thank you SWA