Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Did not receive my Rapid Rewards Gift Cards

BobArmstrong
Explorer C

I tried to redeem three separate orders of $50 Chili's Gift Cards, five $25 Red Robin Gift Cards, and two $50 Darden Restaurants Gift Cards on Feb. 11, 2020.  I received notice on Feb. 18, 2020 that the three orders had been shipped.  I have not received any of the gift card orders as of March 10, 2020.  The post office says they need a tracking number but Rapid Rewards only sends them First Class mail so no tracking number.  When I called Rapid Rewards, I was told by a representative that Rapid Rewards is not responsible for lost or stolen cards.  I have called several times and the representatives were not very polite about it.  So, do I just lose the cards as well as my points?  Somehow that doesn't seem quite right.  The only reason we have kept our Southwest Visa is to take advantage of the Rapid Rewards program but if the company does not deliver or meet expectations why keep the card?  Please help.

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Did not receive my Rapid Rewards Gift Cards

dfwskier
Aviator A

You DID  NOT buy the cards from Southwest. You can only buy Southwest stuff from Southwest.

Instead a company called More Reward lets you use points to buy  non-Southwest stuff. Your inquiry should go to that company. Southwest has allowed More Reward to list their product on the SW website.

You are not alone in making the mistake you made. The more rewards page does say you are buying stuff from that company, but the disclosure is not as prominent as I think it should be

https://www.1.awardhq.com/24468SWANCMSWARRNCM/Help

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@BobArmstrong wrote:

I have called several times and the representatives were not very polite about it.  So, do I just lose the cards as well as my points?  

Sounds like that may be the case, especially if the seller indicates they are not responsible for list or stolen cards. Perhaps writing a letter if a mailing address is available would help. Unfortunately this isn't something Southwest is going to get involved with. Side note, if you are strictly using the Chase Southwest credit card to earn gift cards there are much better Chase cards out there. Converting Rapid Rewards points to gift cards cuts down on the value tremendously.

--TheMiddleSeat

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

One final suggestion, instead of replying in the tag field, click the reply button and enter your message, it will be much easier for everyone to read. Tags are intended to be keywords for a post such as "gift cards" or "chase".

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

I guess my advice would be call Chase and protest the charges. Reason: you did not receive the merchandise you ordered.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

I guess my advice would be call Chase and protest the charges. Reason: you did not receive the merchandise you ordered.

I believe they were "paid for" with RR points, not a charge to a credit card so there's nothing to dispute with Chase.  I thought about that option initially too, it would be a much better option to resolve this situation.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

@dfwskier wrote:

I believe they were "paid for" with RR points, not a charge to a credit card so there's nothing to dispute with Chase.  I thought about that option initially too, it would be a much better option to resolve this situation.

--TheMiddleSeat

That's what I thought when I first replied to him, explained More Rewards, and provided a link that would allow him to contact that firm.

BobArmstrong
Explorer C

My point being, this is a classic case of "passing the buck."  I have a CHASE SOUTHWEST RAPID REWARDS CREDIT CARD.  The title of the credit card is, "SOUTHWEST RAPID REWARDS VISA SIGNATURE CARD."  I am learning that Chase is not responsible that I did not receive my order, and Southwest is not responsible that I did not receive my order, and even Rapid Rewards is not responsible that I did not receive my order.  No, there is ANOTHER company "MORE REWARDS" that is responsible for my order that I did not receive.  And MORE REWARDS is not responsible for lost or stolen property that I never received in the first place so how could I have lost it?  So, BUYERS BEWARE!  Your Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card will not necessarily get you the Rewards they advertise. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

Bob, I am sorry this is happening to you. I know you're angry and  it feels like no one wants to help you, but...

The facts of the matter are that:

1) Chase gives RR points to people that use their card. SW co brands the card in attempt to let Chase have more business. Chase buys points from SW, and then has SW give those points to credit card holders. IT HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR HOW THE POINTS ARE SPENT.

2) SW, and other airlines, want their FF members to have access to products other than their airlines' stuff - things like hotel stays,  rent cars , and yes,  gift cards. They use companies to do that and link their FF programs to those companies for ease of use. SW didn't accept your points for payment. More Rewards did, Yes the process is not a transparent as it perhaps should be.

3) Thus your transaction was with More Rewards - not Chase and not with SW.

4) If you want resolution you have to complain to the right company: More Rewards. In my first response to you I provided a link to More Rewards. I recommend  that you access that link and file your complaint.

BobArmstrong
Explorer C

Again I say, TRUTH IN ADVERTISING!  I would think that if MORE REWARDS company isn't delivering as advertised, they should be taken off the Southwest/Rapid Rewards website.