Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Difficulty in registering for recent companion pass promo

joyjames123
Explorer C

I'm so frustrated!  Wondering if anyone else had the same experience I did during the last offer for reservations booked between 9/22 and 9/25 for travel completed between 9/22 and 11/15?  There was no link or box to actually "register" from my page and when reading through the terms and conditions it was a little confusing on how you qualify.  It made it sound like if you had a rapid rewards #, then you were good to go.  We booked and traveled in the required timeframe and never received any notification of the passes so I called and they said because I didn't "register", that I didn't qualify.  Sooo mad!  They can obviously see when we booked and traveled.  

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Difficulty in registering for recent companion pass promo

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Sorry, I'm not sure what response you are looking for here.  All Southwest promos require registration, and you must register before purchasing the flights.  The info on the promotion page (https://www.southwest.com/companionpasspromo/) lists registration being required in the first bullet point.

--TheMiddleSeat

joyjames123
Explorer C

I totally realize what it says....where in the heck do you actually "register"???  I must be blind, I've looked and looked!

dfwskier
Aviator A

@joyjames123 wrote:

I totally realize what it says....where in the heck do you actually "register"???  I must be blind, I've looked and looked!

You can't look at what it says now because the promotion is over. You have to look at what was in place in September.

There was a yellow box to click on to register for the promotion

https://loyaltylobby.com/2020/09/22/southwest-promotional-companion-pass-offer-for-booking-a-flight-...

Note that the screenshot of the Southwest website was taken on 9/22/2020

FWIW,   every other promotion of this type that Southwest has offered has looked like that

joyjames123
Explorer C

Thanks, and yes, I'm not a frequent flyer so I guess I missed it.  It's too bad that they don't add the link for registering below in the terms and conditions too.