Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Difficulty in tracking dollar credits

Seniortraveler
Explorer C

In the past four years I have probably lost over $400 due to the fact SWA makes it difficult to track past flight credits.   I travel a fair amount of three key airlines.  I'm supposed to write down and track past flights to keep track of dollar amounts.  I just hung up with agent and she had to use my credit card to take a look back.   Discovered three past ticket credits that we past a year old so useless .   They sure hope you don't remember.  Sad

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Difficulty in tracking dollar credits

ocbob
Explorer C

I have had the same problem.  I fly a lot on SW and it would save me hours if I didn't have to keep track of dollar credits.  Please make our lives easier SWA!  Thanks!

tbaxter33
Explorer C

I too wish that unused dollar credits would show up somewhere when I log into my account.  I am fearful that I may have lost some only by not knowing that they existed.  Personally, I think this is a very important issue that needs some sort of fix.

vinovino
Explorer C

i totally agree - hopefully more voices in this regard will result in this improvement

major
Adventurer C

I never have this problem. I always book using my RR account number and it shows up in my app and online in account details.  

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@major wrote:

I never have this problem. I always book using my RR account number and it shows up in my app and online in account details.  

I think you're confused.

Travel funds, from canceled or re-fared flights, do not show up in the app or online.

The website has a page where you can enter a confirmation number to check and see if any travel funds are associated with it, but you must know the confirmation number in order to check.

Perhaps you're thinking of Rapid Rewards points?

Southwest, unlike some other carriers, does not have an "travel bank" function. Customers must manually track their own travel funds and associated confirmation numbers and -- most importantly -- expiration dates.

Since Southwest benefits from the non-use of travel funds, don't expect this feature to be added anytime soon.

angelhummingbrd
Explorer C

To chgoflyer: Can you please tell me where it is on the website that you can enter the confirmation number to see whether there are travel funds associated with that record? I know I've used this feature before, but haven't been able to find that link now! Thanks in advance!

franktravel
Aviator B