Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Do Points Multipliers Work With Rapid Rewards?

Skippman
Explorer C

Planning for next year to earn my companion pass I noticed that I get a 3X multiplier through my Southwest Performance Business card for hotels booked through Rapid Rewards. 

Going through the Rapid Rewards section I see Rocket Miles. Going through their site I see that if I book certain hotels (in this case Las Vegas) I get XXXX ammount of miles. So here are my questions.

1.) If I book a hotel worth 5,000 miles using my Southwest Performance Business card would my points be tripled to 15,000 miles?

2.) Do those miles go towards qualifying me for the companion pass?

Thanks for the help!

- Skip

1 REPLY 1

Re: Do Points Multipliers Work With Rapid Rewards?

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

@Skippman wrote:

Planning for next year to earn my companion pass I noticed that I get a 3X multiplier through my Southwest Performance Business card for hotels booked through Rapid Rewards. 

Going through the Rapid Rewards section I see Rocket Miles. Going through their site I see that if I book certain hotels (in this case Las Vegas) I get XXXX ammount of miles. So here are my questions.

1.) If I book a hotel worth 5,000 miles using my Southwest Performance Business card would my points be tripled to 15,000 miles?

I believe the multipliers apply only to dollars spent. So a $200 hotel charge equates to 600 RR points .

2.) Do those miles go towards qualifying me for the companion pass?

All points earned apply towards to companion pass qualification. They do not necessarily apply to A-List qualification

Thanks for the help!

- Skip