Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Do flights schedule through a travel agent count towards A List?

eric-c-southwes
Explorer C

My company recently switch to an online travel management system where we are required to book all of our travel through. Do those flights count towards A List? My actual number of flights isn't matching with what's reported under My Account. 

Thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Do flights schedule through a travel agent count towards A List?

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A
Solution

Yes. Airlines do not pay commission. In some rare cases, supposedly, tickets bought through consolidators do not count (not relevant to Southwest). With that said, yes, they will count.

Where the problem could arise is with hotel stays. Rooms booked through an online travel agency (OTA) generally do not get credit. However, a travel management system is not the same as an OTA. At my employer, we use Concur, and I have always gotten credit for hotel stays. My understanding on Concur is that it depends, however.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Make sure your Rapid Rewards account number is associated with all the trips and you'll be great.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Make sure your Rapid Rewards account number is associated with all the trips and you'll be great.

Also, if you find some that haven't been applied you can contact SW to have them added retroactively