Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Do my points expire?

bhushan_gosavi
Explorer C

I have been a Rapid Rewards member for some time now, However I did not fly Southwest recently. Do my Rapid Reward points comes with expiry date? 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Do my points expire?

Kaylat413
Explorer A
Solution

Your points do not expire as long as there is accrual activity in your account. If you go a full 24 months without earning points, your account will deactivate and all remaining points will be forfeited.

franktravel
Aviator B

Hi 

There are many other ways to earn points every month to keep you account active.  You just don't earn them from flying.  There are many ways, The Southwest credit card, Southwest dining, free on line surveys at E-miles, and Southwest Rapid Rewards shopping and Southwest partners.  The points post every month so you don't have to worry if you do not fly in two years! 

SurfAlbany
Explorer C

Hello,

I acknowledge that there are additional ways to earn points.  I just purchased something which should earn me some points but I noticed that they might end up getting credited after my point expire (on October 2 I recall).  Is there a way to earn and points and get them posted within 6 weeks? I was able to use the points that I had for the first leg of a trip before that date but was unable to purchase tickets for the return trip after that date. 

Thanks.

John

chgoflyer
Aviator A

The quickest way is by buying points from Southwest -- those usually post almost immediately.

But 6 weeks is plenty of time to get points to post via RR Shopping or RR Dining.

Haipham2017
Adventurer B

@bhushan_gosavi wrote:

I have been a Rapid Rewards member for some time now, However I did not fly Southwest recently. Do my Rapid Reward points comes with expiry date? 

If you have no activites in 2 years yourSW points would expire, most airlines has 18 months. Activities do not mean you have to earn points, you can spend points. One of the easy way is buy magazine or donate (not sure with SW) since does not cost many points. You also can give away the free trip to your friends or your relatives.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@Haipham2017 wrote:

@bhushan_gosavi wrote:

If you have no activites in 2 years yourSW points would expire, most airlines has 18 months. Activities do not mean you have to earn points, you can spend points. One of the easy way is buy magazine or donate (not sure with SW) since does not cost many points. You also can give away the free trip to your friends or your relatives.

This is wrong

You must have point EARNING activity once every two years. Spending points does NOT count.