Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Do points earned on southwesthotels.com count toward earning a companion pass?

dbuitron
Explorer C

I know that there have been previous discussions on the matter, but I was hoping to get some current information and responses. If a hotel reservation is booked through southwesthotels.com, do those point offers apply toward earning a companion pass? I’m not referring to purchased boosted point offers, but simply the larger point offers that come with booking a reservation through Rapid Rewards Points Plus Properties. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Danny

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Do points earned on southwesthotels.com count toward earning a companion pass?

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

I believe that they do.

Re: Do points earned on southwesthotels.com count toward earning a companion pass?

elijahbrantley
Aviator A
Solution

Agreed. More detail here.

-A List, Companion Pass holder

dbuitron
Explorer C

Awesome, well that pretty much lays everything out in black and white. 

Thanks again!

DeidreD
Explorer C

Hi Danny! I have been searching to get a definite answer to this, and I wanted to reach out to you and see if you did in fact get those points toward companion pass from booking a hotel through Southwest that offered a large point amount! Please let me know if you can!

Thanks!

Deidre

soxfan82
Adventurer C

If you’re booking it thru Southwest.com then yes, the bonus points do count toward CP.

giesler13
Explorer C

I have booked at Residence Inn in Washington DC for 5 nights through Southwest.com.  It is a Points Plus Property, and I received 18,000 points upon the booking, plus another 10,000 points under their "Pay More to Earn More" offer.  Lastly, I added an additional 10,000 point "Boost" by paying an additional $180, so my total points earned through this hotel stay is 38,000 points.  Are all of these points CPQ points?  If not all of them, which of them are and aren't?  I've read as many posts regarding this as possible, and it appears all would be CPQ.  However, given how much I'm paying over what I could pay for this hotel on Marriott.com, I want to be sure that all are CPQ, and that the rules haven't changed since the last post on this thread.  Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

gsking
Aviator C

They should be.   You'll have to let us know. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@giesler13 wrote:

I have booked at Residence Inn in Washington DC for 5 nights through Southwest.com.  It is a Points Plus Property, and I received 18,000 points upon the booking, plus another 10,000 points under their "Pay More to Earn More" offer.  Lastly, I added an additional 10,000 point "Boost" by paying an additional $180, so my total points earned through this hotel stay is 38,000 points.  Are all of these points CPQ points?  If not all of them, which of them are and aren't?  I've read as many posts regarding this as possible, and it appears all would be CPQ.  However, given how much I'm paying over what I could pay for this hotel on Marriott.com, I want to be sure that all are CPQ, and that the rules haven't changed since the last post on this thread.  Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

No they do  not.

Points that you buy do not count towards companion pass. 

So the 10,000 points under their "Pay More to Earn More" offer won't count and the additional 10,000 point "Boost" by paying an additional $180 won't count either.

gsking
Aviator C

Are you certain?   

Yes,  points you buy directly do not count towards companion. 

But points from Southwest hotel rewards DO count. 

So if you "pay more,  earn more", and you're correct,  some of the points are qualifying and some aren't.   That seems more confusing and unlikely than having all the earned points qualify.