Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Does Count of Companion Pass Name Changes Reset?

Virgie
Explorer C

I earned the Promotional Companion Pass valid from 1/6/2022 - 2/28/2022. I initially designated my spouse as my Companion but changed it to my daughter when he earned his full Companion Pass. This week I earned my full Companion Pass valid to 12/31/2023. Will this reset my count of Companion name changes?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

V.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Does Count of Companion Pass Name Changes Reset?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

The rule is based on calendar year and renewing or re-earning CP for the next year does not reset the counter.  Here is the wording from Southwest:

"You may change your designated Companion up to three times each calendar year "

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Does Count of Companion Pass Name Changes Reset?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Virgie wrote:

I earned the Promotional Companion Pass valid from 1/6/2022 - 2/28/2022. I initially designated my spouse as my Companion but changed it to my daughter when he earned his full Companion Pass. This week I earned my full Companion Pass valid to 12/31/2023. Will this reset my count of Companion name changes?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

V.

Congrats that's a lot of companion pass!

You'll have to ask to confirm - I do think it would be restarting if the new pass is a separate pass from the promotional pass. But it might not reset if the permanent pass is just an extension of the promotional pass.

If the permanent pass came in and you didn't have to do anything else to nominate the companion, then I suppose the previous change may still count according to @TheMiddleSeat 's suggestion.

But it would be easy enough for you to ask via chat on social media or call at an off-peak time to confirm. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.