Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Does Rapid Rewards shopping count toward qualifying for a list?

drheathr
Explorer C

I just noticed that my actual points earned for 2017 is over 49,000 but I only have 33,625 toward A-list status.  I think part of the discrepancy is from my Chase credit card points, 12,682 but I cannot figure out what else doesn't count.  I have a couple thousand miles from the Laithwaites wine club and I have been Christmas shopping like crazy thorugh the Rapid Rewards shopping protal.  I want to make sure that the Rapid Rewards shopping counts toward A-list status.  Does anyone know?  I only need 1375.00 points and I don't want to have to buy them.  Thanks!

1 REPLY 1

Re: Does Rapid Rewards shopping count toward qualifying for a list?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Rapid Rewards Shopping points do not count towards A-List. Most points do not.

The only points that count towards A-List (TQP or "tier qualifying points") are those base points actually earned by flying (BIS or "butt in seat"), and -- if you have the Premier Rapid Rewards Visa card -- you can earn 1,500 TQPs for each $10,000 in purchases, up to $100,000 in purchases annually (15,000 TQPs).

Nothing else counts, except for the annual year-end "buy up to A-List points" promotion. But those are very expensive, and you don't even get the actual points to spend.

All the details are here.

Tier Qualifying points are earned from revenue flights or through the Rapid Rewards Premier Card from Chase.  Points earned via Rapid Rewards Partners, with the exception of the Rapid Rewards Premier Card from Chase, purchased points, bonus points, or points earned via a promotion are not Tier Qualifying points and do not count toward A-List and A-List Preferred qualification.