Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Don't give up on the Companion Pass just because it's almost the end of the year!!

sethisaballer
Explorer C

As we approach those final days of 2021 you may still be thousands of points short of the CP, and have given up going for it for next year...maybe rethink that.  Do NOT forget about points earned thru Hotel stays all go toward the Companion Pass!  I am about 35k points short right now and I just booked 2 rooms around the holidays for 4 nights at a "Rapid Rewards Points Plus" property and I will net right around 40K points after paying for a "points boost".  Yes it tends to be a bit more expensive booking hotels thru Southwest along with the points boost, but if it gets you to that CP threshold, and you plan on traveling a decent amount with someone in 2022, the $$ you will save makes it SO worth it.  And 40K points can be up to 4 one way flights if you use them right.  So definitely consider this if you are close.  Some hotels you can get 10k+ points sometimes just for a 2 night stay (staycation anyone?)  If you have any questions let me know!

-Seth

A-List member since 2018

Companion pass holder since 2019

1 REPLY 1

Re: Don't give up on the Companion Pass just because it's almost the end of the year!!

jksobonya
Aviator A

Agree! There are many ways to earn points - hotels, dining, and even taking surveys are all options - don't give up if you are a little short!

--Jessica