Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Double Points Qualification?

aconch
Explorer C

I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseam, but does anybody know how Southwest targets their 2x points promotions? I used to receive these promotions approx. 2x per year, but in the recent year I have not received them at all. I would be curious as to how I can receive consideration once again.

I usually fly 1x per week - 1-1/2 week. Am I flying too much to be targetted any longer? I understand that I am making considerable points with current status (A-Pref), but am always interested in ways to increase/maximize. 

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Double Points Qualification?

franktravel
Aviator B

Here is a great way to learn how to earn extra points

https://tinyurl.com/y8ozvnup

eresta
Explorer C

It would be great to have a clear explanation on this from SW. I am also an A-Pref member and last year I did not get the promotion offer - and this is the best promo of the year imo. I tried to look into it and got a few mixed answers, ranging from: if you are A-Pref and have over X amount of miles, you will not get the promo, to: it is randomized and status/points do not influence who gets the promo. Certainly, I am hopeful that I will get the promo in 2018 regardless of status, etc.

laurielee15
Explorer C

I agree with this? Why can't they explain why we don't qualify? I have colleagues who get them all the time and are A-listers as am I and they get it. #discrimination #unfair in my book. 

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

I stand here as an ALP CP holder always holding out on a promotion myself!

I also understand that companies make decisions all the time about how and where to incentivize customers to do more business with them.  I am sure SW is no different, and I imagine that it is not so much about get a certain type of customer to fly more so much as driving business in a market or geography.

This is just my opinion.  Hopefully I can be a lucky one! 🙂

-A List, Companion Pass holder