Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Double points and A-List challenge: What is a Qualifying Flight?

jrobin886
Explorer C

I was lucky enough to be able to register for the "Double points and A-List challenge". My question is this: what is considered a "qualifying flight"? Does the price of the flight or the trip duration have any impact on whether the flight itself qualifies for the A-List Challenge requirement of 3 (or 5, if you want A-List through the end of 2018) roundtrip flights?

Thank you in advance!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Double points and A-List challenge: What is a Qualifying Flight?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

The terms are spelled out at the bottom of the offer email.

Double Points:
Only the Rapid Rewards® Member who received this email/offer from Southwest Airlines® is eligible for this promotion. Offer is nontransferable. To earn double points, Member must register for this promotion between June 19, 2017, and September 30, 2017, and book and complete travel between June 19, 2017, and September 30, 2017. The Customer must be registered for the promotion before travel occurs to qualify for double points. A qualifying one-way flight for this promotion is a one-way revenue flight on Southwest Airlines from an origin city to a destination city, including any intermediate stops and/or connections on Southwest Airlines. A qualifying round trip flight for this promotion is a revenue flight on Southwest Airlines from an origin city to a destination city and back to the originating airport or carrier-recognized co-terminal. Valid on new reservations booked within the promotional time period and flown after registration. Rapid Rewards account number must be entered at the time of booking. Rapid Rewards earned points are calculated using base fare. Member will receive 12 bonus points per dollar spent on Business Select® fares, ten bonus points per dollar on Anytime fares, and six bonus points per dollar on Wanna Get Away® fares. Bonus points are in addition to the standard flight points earned through Rapid Rewards. Bonus points will not count toward A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass qualification. Member will receive bonus points within fourteen days after completion of entire ticket. Companion Pass, charter flights, travel booked with points, group travel, and Southwest Vacations® packages do not qualify as one-way or round trip revenue flights for this promotion. Changes made to this itinerary after purchase may eliminate qualification for promotion.

Challenge:
Only the Rapid Rewards® Member who received this email/offer from Southwest Airlines® is eligible for this promotion. Offer is nontransferable. To earn promotional A-List status through December 31, 2017, Member must register for this promotion, book, and complete three qualifying round trip (or six one-way) revenue flights between June 19, 2017 and September 30, 2017. The Customer must register for this promotion before travel occurs for flights to qualify. To earn promotional A-List status through December 31, 2018, Member must register for this promotion, book, and complete five qualifying round trip (or ten one-way) revenue flights between June 19, 2017, and September 30, 2017. The Customer must register for this promotion before travel occurs for flights to qualify. A qualifying one-way flight for this promotion is a one-way revenue flight on Southwest Airlines from an origin city to a destination city, including any intermediate stops and/or connections on Southwest Airlines. A qualifying round trip flight for this promotion is a revenue flight on Southwest Airlines from an origin city to a destination city and back to the originating airport or carrier-recognized co-terminal. Valid on new reservations booked within the promotional time period and flown after registration. Rapid Rewards account number must be entered at the time of booking. Companion Pass, charter flights, travel booked with points, group travel, and Southwest Vacations® packages do not qualify as one-way or round trip revenue flights for this promotion. Changes made to any itinerary after purchase of a one-way or round trip revenue flight may eliminate qualification for this promotion. Upon qualifying for promotional A-List status through December 31, 2017, or December 31, 2018, you will receive an email verification. Please allow up to 15 business days after qualifying for promotional A-List status to receive your A-List card. If A-List status is earned by flying 25 qualifying one-way flights or earning 35,000 tier qualifying points in the calendar year while qualified for promotional A-List status through December 31, 2017, the regular A-List status qualifications will supersede the promotional A-List status, entitling the Member to A-List status through December 31, 2018.

jrobin886
Explorer C

Thanks for trying to assist, but I remain unclear. I have read and re-read the text that is at the bottom of the offer and since I'm not very familiar with most rewards programs, I want to be sure that I am understanding the language. Unfortunately, pasting the same text that I already have as response doesn't answer my question. My question remains: is a qualifying flight simply a flight that I pay for, regardless of price or duration?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

Yes

jrobin886
Explorer C

Thank you!

chgoflyer
Aviator A

As long as it meets the other qualifiers listed, yes.