Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Drink Coupons

msturtz
Explorer B

I love this idea.  And since the cost-of-goods for WIFI is presumably much less than for drinks, you could offer them as bonus perks, for example for taking post-flight surveys, or...  Becoming a frequent contributor to the community forums!!!

-Matt-

wallerk
Explorer C
Is there a way to track the 10 one-way, 5 round-trip flights? I'm almost certain I've reached the 5 round-trip flight marker, but haven't received anything in the mail from Southwest, nor email. I do have the option checked to receive drink coupons.

carolinamname
Explorer C

Is this the only way to earn them? Do you not earn them with your rewards credit card as well?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Chase used to send them annually around your card anniversary date, but stopped doing that. They now send them to a small number of customers on "milestone" anniversary dates.

alexiskaye
Explorer C

In 2016 I flew seven RT flights. This year I've already flown three, have booked one and plan to book about three more. I also spend a lot of money each month on my Southwest Chase card. I have the box check to receive drink coupons but have not received any from Southwest nor Chase. I have a friend who has flown only once or twice and rarely use his card and received drink coupons. What else do I need to do?

BrieStrickland
Frequent Flyer C

Hey @alexiskaye,

Check out this great thread on how to make sure you're opted into drink coupons: https://www.southwestaircommunity.com/t5/Rapid-Rewards/Drink-Coupons/m-p/51847#M966

Brie 

Community Moderator 

alexiskaye
Explorer C

Hi Brie. Yes, I have definitenly opted in. I've flown 10 RT segments since January 2016. What now?

chgoflyer
Aviator A

In order to count, the 10 one-way flights must have been purchased, not Points bookings.

Chase no longer routinely sends drink coupons to card holders.

markgjones
Explorer C

Hi Lindsey,

I've had a similar issue as several other folks have mentioned in that I've never yet to receive any drink coupons from Southwest.  I've been traveling on the airline for almost two years and have built up quite a few points and flights, but when I contacted SWA about the drink coupons, they said they are mailed to me (so I'm on the right list for it), but I've never received them.  I do receive other promotional materials from SWA, just never drink tickets.  

Could there be another issue or flaw in SWA systems?  They show that I've been sent at least two sets of drink coupons in the past (I've never received).  I'm sure I'm supposed to get another set shortly, but I'm concerned that I wont' get those either.  

Can I pick them up at the airport instead or can they be sent via registered mail? 

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @markgjones,

I'm sorry you haven't received your drink coupons. The Southwest Airlines Community is a discussion forum, so we don't have access to your account information here, but a Representative from our Customer Relations Department can help troubleshoot the issue. You can reach them through any of the ways listed here