Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Drink Coupons

BrieStrickland
Frequent Flyer C

I travel a ton and always see people using drink coupons. Is this part of Rapid Rewards? How can I earn them? Do I need to sign up? 

67 REPLIES 67

Re: Drink Coupons

FlyGirl1
Explorer A

Drink coupons are earned after flying 10 one way flights. You do not need to sign up. They will automatically be sent to you via postal mail.

Flyerfan
Explorer B

I never knew that the drink coupons came every 10 flights. Do flights booked with points count toward that? Do all the flights have to be in the same calendar year, or is this just a running count that every 10 flights I earn another set of coupons?

I guess this isn't the most important thing, but I've occasionally wondered what triggered the coupons.

jessepaulgarcia
Explorer C

I have a question about earning the drink coupons.  Are the 10 one way flights in a year to earn drink coupons?  

Thanks

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

They don't have to be taken within a year. You'll receive the letter with 4 drink coupons attached once you reach 10 one-way paid (not points) flights, regardless of how long that takes.

Lasbur
Explorer C

Never received any ever, a-list preferred

in fact, we should get to save early am flight business select tickets for future flights.   

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

Everytime that I've had early morning BS flights on the way to business and then asked to use the coupon on the return trip, they have taken it.

That's not the offical rule, but no harm in asking.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

The official rule is same day... but I've never seen an FA decline to accept a (relatively) recent BS coupon.

ltburrow
Explorer C

I'm A List and have been flying Southwest for years. Also have a SW credit card for a little over 2 years. Have never once received drink coupons. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@ltburrow wrote:

I'm A List and have been flying Southwest for years. Also have a SW credit card for a little over 2 years. Have never once received drink coupons. 

Take the advice posted earlier -- check to make sure you are "opted in" to receive them (check the post directly above yours for details). If you are not, change it. If you are, contact Southwest.