Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Drink Coupons

chgoflyer
Aviator A

It's not particularly easy to navigate, but you can view your Past Trips under My Account on the website. Keep in mind that only paid flights count -- flights booked with points do not.

If you think you should have received drink coupons, I'd recommend calling Customer Relations, who can check for you. But, be prepared for a long hold time.

FrontRowFlyer
Explorer A

Call customer service to make sure you opted in to receive them.

CelticPita
Explorer C

Not working for me.   I fly from LAX to Sacramento twice a month and have been doing this since November 2015.  I'm an A lister but I got one set of 4 coupons in January and nothing since. 

My RR rewards number in on every booking. 

So????

CP

SeanCarp
Explorer C

Is there anythung SWA can or will do for coupons that expire? I just looked at my coupons and they expire next week. My next booked flights aren't until the end of next month and early Ocotber. 

DAL
Adventurer A

@SeanCarp,

There is a good chance the FA will not accept your expired tickets. I'd check with friends and co-workers to see if you know anyone that is flying WN this week to see if they might enjoy them. It's unfortunate you won't be able to use them yourself, but trust me, drinks on Southwest are way cheaper than the other guys.

On a few occasions, I have witnessed passengers that do not drink while flying "paying it forward" by surrendering their drink tickets to the flight attendants. Through my travels, I've learned that paying attention, smiling and being courteous goes a long way with cabin crew.

Happy travels!

jn4604
Explorer B

I've been flying Southwest exclusively for the past year and recently became an A list but never received any drink coupon. How does this work?

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager

Hi @jn4604,

Log into your Rapid Rewards Account and make sure that you've opted in for Drink Coupon Books. You'll receive them whenever you complete 10 revenue flights. If you have a Rapid Rewards Chase Visa Card, you may also receive them occasionally in the mail as a "thank you!" for being our Customer. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

FYI: Chase stopped sending them to cardholders annually on their anniversary over a year ago. There were reports of some cardholders getting them on "milestone" anniversaries (5 years, specifically) but Chase stopped doing that apparently as well. There are no reports in the last year of cardholders receiving drink coupons from Chase. 😞

iPartain
Explorer C

How do I Opt for the Drink Coupons? I have been flying Southwest for a long time and am an A-List Member. How do I get Drink coupons sent to me or added electronically onto my account?

Thank you,

iPartain

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@iPartain wrote:

How do I Opt for the Drink Coupons? I have been flying Southwest for a long time and am an A-List Member. How do I get Drink coupons sent to me or added electronically onto my account?

Thank you,

iPartain

The instructions have been posted a couple times in this thread -- just scroll back to find them. 😉

FYI: Southwest doesn't do electronic drink coupons -- they send printed ones to the address on file. If you check and you are already "opted in" but haven't received any, then you should call Customer Relations.

How to check if you are Opted-in:

Log In. Click on My Account. Under My Preferences, click on Travel. In the upper right corner of that box, click on Extras. If you're "opted-in" it will look like the pic below. Otherwise, edit to change.

Screen Shot 2018-03-10 at 3.13.15 PM.png