Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Drink Coupons

Ahimmelstein
Explorer C

Southwest used to send drink Coupons whenever points were redeemed for free travel. Has this stopped or am I doing something wrong. My preference is set to receive coupons. I have not gotten coupons in almost three years. Help please!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Drink Coupons

bec102896
Aviator A

Hello

I know drink coupons are sent every 10 one way flights I have not ever received any drink coupons when I redeem points which I do a lot. my guess is that getting coupons when you redeem points may have stopped. 

I would also double check the settings in your account just to be sure the get coupons is on just in case the setting for drink coupons turned itself off. 

hope this helps

Blake 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Those were the days!

Unfortunately, Southwest stopped sending coupons each time a free flight was earned many, many years ago, when they transitioned to the points-based system they now use.

Currently, Southwest sends 4 drink coupons after completion of each set of 10 one-way paid flights (points bookings do not count).

Assuming you have the setting to "opt in" turned on, I'd recommend reaching out to Customer Relations -- your best bet is via Twitter.

FYI: Chase recently started again sending drink coupons to cardholders on "milestone" anniversaries -- 5 years, 10, 15, & 20 (used to be annually, then nothing for 2017, now back but only on milestones).

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Ahimmelstein wrote:

Southwest used to send drink Coupons whenever points were redeemed for free travel. Has this stopped or am I doing something wrong. My preference is set to receive coupons. I have not gotten coupons in almost three years. Help please!

I can't speak for that past policy, but the current one is for ten revenue flights, so not based on redemption, only based on paid flights.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.