Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Drink Tickets - everyone has them but me! :(

djflyer
Explorer C

Hi any chance you can throw a few my way too I would loved to have them 😃 Thanks

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@djflyerwrote:

Hi any chance you can throw a few my way too I would loved to have them 😃 Thanks

Although not technically transferable I understand these can sometimes be found on eBay. I haven't ever had to do that myself as I'm usually just able to use them up as they expire, or throw away just a few of them.

I personally wouldn't sell something that had my last name and RR# printed on it, but I guess some people will.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

FYI: Southwest stopped putting the full RR number on drink coupons some years ago.

Most of the ones for sale on Ebay at the moment are from the Business Select drink coupon lawsuit. Those do not contain any identifying information, they just say "Replacement Voucher."

I expect prices for those will drop and we'll see an influx of them onboard over the next few months as they expire at the end of May. 😉

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@chgoflyerwrote:

FYI: Southwest stopped putting the full RR number on drink coupons some years ago.

Most of the ones for sale on Ebay at the moment are from the Business Select drink coupon lawsuit. Those do not contain any identifying information, they just say "Replacement Voucher."

I expect prices for those will drop and we'll see an influx of them onboard over the next few months as they expire at the end of May. 😉

That makes more sense...I hadn't looked online myself, I'm glad that the ones for sale are not personally identifying!

I hadn't noticed that my own info wasn't on my tickets anymore, that also makes me happy - what if I dropped one somewhere and then got hacked?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.