Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Earn a promotional companion pass January 4th-March 4th

bec102896
Aviator A

The great offer is back you can earn a promotional companion pass by booking 1 Round Trip (or 2 one way flights) here’s how it works 

1st you *MUST* REGISTER using your rapid rewards number 

next book a round trip flight or 2 one way flights by This Thursday September 8th 

complete travel by November 17th 

come January 4th you and the person of your choosing will fly free for 2 months (just pay the taxes starting at $5.60 each way for the companion) 

I already booked a flight will it qualify? You would need to cancel and rebook after registering to qualify 

points reservations won’t qualify for this promotion you would need to book revenue flights to qualify (revenue flight is a flight paid for with a LUV voucher, Travel fund, SW gift card, or credit card) 

have questions ask away or check out the promotional terms and conditions Here 

Happy Flying! 

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Earn a promotional companion pass January 4th-March 4th

SWFlyer007
Aviator C

Thanks for posting, I registered already as well.  Since I normally fly at least twice in the months of September and October this was an easy do.  

I doubt you have the answer, but I'm curious if I get this promotion and I already have qualified for a companion pass, I wonder if both can fly on the trip???

That would be nice.  

😍

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@SWFlyer007 Your current companion can join you for the qualifying flight, but since they did not pay for the flight the flight would not qualify them for the promotion. 

You can also only have one companion pass so if yours does not expire until Dec 2023 there's no point in earning the limited CP through this offer. 

--TheMiddleSeat

EleanorICook
Explorer C

I successfully did this last year.  HOWEVER, the lead time is WAY too short and the whole experience was stressful beyond belief.  I didn't get this year's announcement until ONE day before the deadline! Today is the deadline!!!!  So I am not even going to try to do it.  This promotion might be just fine for people who fly alot anyway.  I don't - I'm now retired and so I do have some flexibility but I like to plan my trips carefully and not on a whim.  

My husband and I got COVID on the trip last year too.  

My complaints to SW about all this were heard though, and we received a bonus that we were able to use later in the spring, which was nice.  I love SW but this particular promotion is too hard to manage.  My feedback, thanks.  Eleanor Cook 

southwestlynn
Explorer C

Hi

Does Multi City count as "two one ways" for a registered / rapid rewards member of this promotion.

Booked today Sept 8 2022 for flights in October 2022.

Thank you!

NeedALittleHelp
Explorer B

Quick question:

If I reserve two one-way flights (my husband and I, together as a 2-person reservation), does that qualify for the companion pass? Or must both flights be for me?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@NeedALittleHelp One person needs to complete 2 flights.  You can't split the requirement among 2 people.

--TheMiddleSeat

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@southwestlynn Book one way flights instead.  Pricing will be the same.

--TheMiddleSeat

jksobonya
Aviator A

@EleanorICook wrote:

I didn't get this year's announcement until ONE day before the deadline! Today is the deadline!!!!  So I am not even going to try to do it.  This promotion might be just fine for people who fly alot anyway. 

Agree, I didn't even see it until the day of the deadline! Granted, I was on vacation until the 7th, but I digress ... 

--Jessica

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

come January 4th you and the person of your choosing will fly free for 2 months (just pay the taxes starting at $5.60 each way for the companion) 

Can't wait to hear all the complaints from folks in January who didn't qualify when they think they should have.  Southwest could certainly do better with confirming registration and show a tracker for qualification.  Maybe someday...

--TheMiddleSeat