Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Earning Companion Pass points in December on SW Credit Card

fearturtle03
Explorer C

My statement dates seem to post on SW.com RR around the 5th of each month. Does that mean that money spent the rest of December 2016 will not show on my 2016 companion pass points, but on my 2017 companion pass when that statment posts Jan 5th 2017? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Earning Companion Pass points in December on SW Credit Card

franktravel
Aviator B

Yes! The points will post in 2017

Snappy
Explorer A

I have the same problem. I had 85000 points begiining of december and I made charges on 12/29/2016 pustting me past 110,000 but Chase Visa says they will only report on 1/1/2017. I think this is so unfair to casual SW travelers who are not into all the the 'inside baseball' fine print and simpmly goes by the the point clock on the My ACCOUNT page which said it will reset on 12/31/16. But, if you consider Chase Visa and all the arbitrary rules about posting, it actually reset on 12/1/2016 for me. I think this is unfair.

When you have one program running by calendar year fed info by another system running on monthly cycles, it would have been a simple matter for Southwest to demand from Chase Visa to report points by calendar months earned.

Do they at least exercise managerial discretion to compensate for the deficiency of their IT systems? I think mine is a clear case for such discretion to not deprive me of a companion pass in 2017!

LindseyD
Retired Community Manager
Solution

Hi @fearturtle03,

Twelve statements are posted per year, per Rapid Rewards Account. January is the first, December is the last. That said, points that you earn in December after your December posting date will show up on your January statement. 

We'd be happy to take a look at your account and give you more specific answers if you'll contact our Customer Relations Department at 1-855-234-4654. We're here to help!