Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Earning a Companion Pass

kelly64157
Explorer C

If I transfer reward points from another SW account and add to mine will it go towards a free companion pass?

franktravel
Aviator B

Purchased/gifted/transferred points and bonus points do not count towards A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass qualification. Prices are in U.S. Dollars and include all applicable taxes. Please allow 72 hours for points to post to your Rapid Rewards account. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply. Southwest® reserves the right to amend, suspend, or change the Rapid Rewards program and/or Rapid Rewards program rules at any time without notice. Rapid Rewards Members do not acquire property rights in accrued points and awards. The number of Rapid Rewards points needed for any particular Southwest flight is set by Southwest and will vary depending on destination, time, day of travel, demand, point redemption rate, and other factors and are subject to change. Visit www.southwest.com/rrterms for full Rapid Rewards Program Terms and Conditions.

drnewman6
Explorer A

No, transferred points from another persons account do not count.   Also transferred points from Chase Ultimate Rewards do not count.  If you have Marriott points and transfer them, they count, Hyatt points transferred count, also. The transfer rate is not that good but if you earn the Companion Pass it is truly worth it.  Points earned shopping through the SW shopping portal also count, except some bonus points but it is always in the fine print if it does not count. 

RRTraveler
Explorer C

How do I transfer Marriott points to SWA for a companion pass?

franktravel
Aviator B

Vincev33
Explorer C

Yes!!! And almost all dollars spent on it qualify. That's how I got it last year and I am close this year already.