Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Easier for all Rapid Rewards® Members to earn tier status and Companion Pass® benefits

blsinmd
Adventurer B

I never received my boost points back in April. They are not showing on my RR points activity.  SW Customer Service doesn't seem to want to answer me AFTER 3 emails!!! I called customer service, they advised me to send an email!  Now What???  

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Easier for all Rapid Rewards® Members to earn tier status and Companion Pass® benefits

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

The boost points do not show in your activity and are not spendable points. They reduce the points/flights required to earn A-List and Companion Pass and are reflected in the tier status section of your account.

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Easier for all Rapid Rewards® Members to earn tier status and Companion Pass® benefits

blsinmd
Adventurer B

Thanks Middle Seat.  That didn't happen either. SW won't answer me.  I need to see PROOF. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

I've checked 3 accounts  - including those of 2 dead people..

All 3 had boost points. It was easy to see on the accounts of the dead people as their accounts had no other activity.

You want to see if you got the points, fine. Get out your calculator and add all of the points added to your account (see points activity after logging on), and subtract that number from the number shown as progress towards towards A-List and or companion    pass. .

Make you a bet that what is left is the boost points the airline gave you. 

blsinmd
Adventurer B

I know how and where to check point activity. That is what raised my question. I see credit card points, which does not included the boost.  I see flights and shopping points none of which include an type of boost.  All are normal points earned in each catagory. 

No calculator needed, easy to pick out as there wasn't much action on 2020.  If someone @ SW would repsond maybe they could point it out to me where they added the "so called" boost points.  

But thanks though.....looks like I'll be making more phone calls until someone answers me.  Obviously emails to customer service aren't working.      

dfwskier
Aviator A

You are not listening.

as themiddleseat said earlier in the thread

"The boost points do not show in your activity and are not spendable points. They reduce the points/flights required to earn A-List and Companion Pass and are reflected in the tier status section of your account"

I'll; say that again "The boost points do not show in your earned points activity and are not spendable points."  They were only added to the available qualifying points for A-LIst and Companion Pass. 

So what I said was add up all of your spendable points  subtract   that  number from the number of points listed as qualifying for A-List and Companion pass, and you will see how many boost points you got in each category..

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Maybe try this a different way... How many flights have you flown this year?

Now look at the tier status in your account and see how many flights it says you have flown towards A-List. If the status progress is 10 flights more than you've actually flown the boost points and flights have been applied to your account.

--TheMiddleSeat

dfwskier
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

Maybe try this a different way... How many flights have you flown this year?

Now look at the tier status in your account and see how many flights it says you have flown towards A-List. If the status progress is 10 flights more than you've actually flown the boost points and flights have been applied to your account.

--TheMiddleSeat

That works too, and is easier to do than what i suggested

blsinmd
Adventurer B

Yep, tried that.  Since the email I received 2/3 stating my boost points arrived my points increased by 1,960 per the prior statement, Sept 2020.  1,960 points were for 4 flights 1,786 and shopping points of 174 and the same after. Flights, credit card and shopping points.  Due to inactivity it's easy to see.  The 2/3/21 email stated I should have received the following and it doesn't show, none of it.  

•15,000 tier qualifying points (TQPs)*
•25,000 Companion Pass qualifying points (CPQPs)*
•10 qualifying flight credits toward A-List and A-List Preferred
•25 qualifying flight credits toward Companion Pass

gsking
Aviator C

1.  How many flights have you flown this year? 

2. How many flights show towards the next CP? 

3.  What is #2 minus #1?