Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Eligible Promotion - $200 credit on credit card statement for booking a flight for new credit ca

reachkimo
Explorer C

Screenshot_20181111-125618_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20181111-125629_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20181111-125608_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20181111-125742_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20181111-125710_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20181111-125753_Chrome.jpg

Here is the complete offer

Re: Eligible Promotion - $200 credit on credit card statement for booking a flight for new credit ca

reachkimo
Explorer C

Screenshot_20181111-125608_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20181111-125629_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20181111-125618_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20181111-125644_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20181111-125702_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20181111-125654_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20181111-125742_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20181111-125710_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20181111-125753_Chrome.jpg

This is the complete terms for the 200.00 bill credit...

kshaff08
Explorer C

I too am experiencing this same iss with Chase.  They stated I didn't SWPromo.jpgSwPromo2.jpg

dfwskier
Aviator A

@kshaff08 wrote:

I too am experiencing this same iss with Chase.  They stated I didn't SWPromo.jpgSwPromo2.jpg

A you can see, all of what you write did not show up. Please try again.

KatrinaT10
Explorer C

I am having the same issue. I called Chase right away and explained that I signed up for the offer and was not directed back to the site to use THAT card to purchase my flight, so I had to use another card, but when I received my card, I used it to purchase a flight, plus multiple other purchases. The lady told me that they haven't had this complaint before (BS, as proven by forums like this), but that she would escalate it. She then came back on the line and told me she was given permission to credit my account and that I would see it on or right after December 14th. It is now December 17th and I haven't seen anything. I called today and the lady that I spoke with said that it was escalated, but that it is not guaranteed to be approved and that they sent me a letter on November 25th stating that it WASN'T approved. I am furious. If they are offering this credit, why not just credit it when someone calls to complain. This is ridiculous. I told her that someone needs to credit my account NOW. She was going to get me in touch with a manager, but then told me that the wait time was 30 min. I will be calling back. Does anyone have any information on how to rectify this?

poppgirl62
Explorer C

You will never see your credit as I too have fallen victim to this scam.   I just got off the phone with Chase and they told me they will "escalate" the matter.   I applied to this card specifically because of the $200 promotion, and they said I was mistaken.  I am only eligible for miles after I spend an exorbitant amount of money.   Miles WERE NOT the benefit of the promotion to which I responded.   It was very clear:  1.  you cannot have currently or applied for a Chase Southwest card in the last 24 months and 2.  you must spend $500 or more on the card in the first 90 days.  I met all criteria AND paid their $69 annual fee all for nothing.  Additionally my credit score took the hit for a hard inquiry on my credit report.   I have Chase bank checking and savings accounts and am rethinking my relationship with them.   This is not an honorable way to do business.

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@poppgirl62 wrote:

You will never see your credit as I too have fallen victim to this scam.   I just got off the phone with Chase and they told me they will "escalate" the matter.   I applied to this card specifically because of the $200 promotion, and they said I was mistaken.  I am only eligible for miles after I spend an exorbitant amount of money.   Miles WERE NOT the benefit of the promotion to which I responded.   It was very clear:  1.  you cannot have currently or applied for a Chase Southwest card in the last 24 months and 2.  you must spend $500 or more on the card in the first 90 days.  I met all criteria AND paid their $69 annual fee all for nothing.  Additionally my credit score took the hit for a hard inquiry on my credit report.   I have Chase bank checking and savings accounts and am rethinking my relationship with them.   This is not an honorable way to do business.

Did you click on the offer while purchasing your Southwest ticket and immediately complete the application through that particular link? It sounds like perhaps that's not what happened. 

That particular offer, available only on the Southwest website while purchasing tickets, offers both a $200 statement credit after your first purchase, and 10,000 Rapid Rewards points if you spend $500 in the first 3 months. 

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/ICprice200Plus?REF=FULLSITE&clk=4128032&cbid=4128032&CELL... 

Did you keep screenshots and copies of the confirmations you received when you applied for and opened the account?

If you click away from the initial link, and/or use any other application found anywhere else online, the offer you will receive is the one attached to whatever new particular link you're using.

If Chase is saying that you actually applied for and were approved for a different offer, what are the terms of that offer? In general, the Rapid Rewards points-only offers, which do not include a $200 statement credit, are more generous overall and more valuable than the $200 statement credit offer.

Clarify from Chase exactly what the terms and conditions are of the offer they have attached to your card account. If you are able to make the spend requirements you will likely come out ahead in the long run. 

https://creditcards.chase.com/a1/southwest/NAEP40kPlusF20?cell=6RRW&jp_cmp=cc/SWA_Brand_BMM_SWA_SEM_...

gsking
Aviator C

Sorry to hear about your issues.  That does suck, especially when they usually have better offers.

That said, SW points are generally valued over 1.5 cents per point.  So 40,000 points is worth over $600 in free airfare, which is a heck of a lot more than $200.

Not to mention, those points are credit towards a companion pass for next year.  Collect another 75,000 points through flying or any combination of credit card purchases or other qualifying points and you can fly a companion free through 2021.  I did this last year, thanks to a lot of work flying. 

Hope you find a resolution.