Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Eligible Promotion - $200 credit on credit card statement for booking a flight for new credit card.

rita1938
Explorer C

I  successfully applied for this Southwest Rapid Reward Credit Card in order to take advantage of the $200 credit promotion to be applied on my credit card statement. In the package I received was one card and all the paperwork, there was nothing about the $200.00 promotion, nor can I find anything online related to our account and this promotion.  I booked a flight as required but when I received my statement the credit for $200.00 was not applied. Who do I need to get in touch with to get the the $200.00 applied to my statement.

Thanks 

17 REPLIES 17

Re: Eligible Promotion - $200 credit on credit card statement for booking a flight for new credit ca

franktravel
Aviator B

200 Statement Credit

This product is not available to either (i) current cardmembers of this credit card, or (ii) previous cardmembers of this credit card who received a new cardmember bonus for this credit card within the last 24 months. You will qualify for your statement credit after your First Purchase; please allow up to 8 weeks for the statement credit to post to your account. (“First Purchase” does not include balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, any checks that access your account, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.) To be eligible for this bonus offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment.

Any questions,  Call Chase, use the number on the back of the card.  

Re: Eligible Promotion - $200 credit on credit card statement for booking a flight for new credit ca

Achinando
Explorer C

So if I had a Chase card through Amazon previous to applying for the Southwest one, does that mean I am excluded from this offer even though it’s different accounts and different offers from two different companies?

Thanks,

Andria

stephiebean3127
Explorer C

Same here, I applied two weeks ago when I was looking for tickets and the promo popped up. Said I could use it then to purchase my ticket if I got instant approval. I was approved and it didn’t give me a option to purchase the ticket with the $200 off. So I missed out on the tickets I wanted. Received my card today and no mention of a credit on the statement. I believe you have to make a $500 purchase first and then it shows $200 on your first statement but at this point I don’t trust that will happen at all. I am not going to activate the card until I get a guarantee I will get that. Looking on line this seems to have been a issue for many people for over a year at least.

QeeQee
Explorer C

This is totally wrong.  I applied for this promotion and they decided to give me the 50,000 point promotion.  I contacted them and they told me I could not change promotions.  I didn't know anyhting about a 50,000 point promotion I applied under the $200 statement credit.  I think I am going to transfer my balance and close this card out baiting and switching is illegal and very disrespectful to you consumer.

schne337
Explorer C

Any updates on this? I saw this promotion, signed up for the credit card, then booked my flight when I got my card and no credit. Chase told me two things, they first said that the promotion started after my purchase, however they then told me that this is an on-going promotion so that is why they could not provide me with specific dates of the promotion start or stop dates. They then tried to tell me that I am ineligable, however, they could not give specifics as to what line made me ineligiable. 

smartypants998
Explorer C

Same here - I just received a response from Chase today telling me:

"We reviewed your credit card account and confirmed that the offer you inquired about is 50,000 bonus after you spend $2,000.00 on purchases in the first three months your account is open. Your account does not include a $200.00 statement credit.

...Let me share that with the continual changes and promotional offers for many credit card products, the bonus offer is applicable at the time of application."

This WAS the promotional offer at the time of my application! I wrote back and provided screenshots...again.

woodallm04
Explorer C

I am experiencing a similar issue. I signed up for the Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card in May and as soon as I was approved I bokoed my first flight on 5/24/18 in order to take advantage of the $200 off my first purchase promotion and never received the $200 off my statement. So I thought it may take it off after the trip had been comppleted to make sure it was not refunded, and now that I have returned from my trip it still has not been added to my statement. This was the main reason I applied for this credit card to get $200 off my flight. 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@woodallm04 wrote:

I am experiencing a similar issue. I signed up for the Southwest Rapid Rewards Credit Card in May and as soon as I was approved I bokoed my first flight on 5/24/18 in order to take advantage of the $200 off my first purchase promotion and never received the $200 off my statement. So I thought it may take it off after the trip had been comppleted to make sure it was not refunded, and now that I have returned from my trip it still has not been added to my statement. This was the main reason I applied for this credit card to get $200 off my flight. 

In general Southwest has no reponsibility for fulfilment of terms of an offer made by a firm other than Southwest.

Chase made the offer. Chase is responsible for fulfilment. So you should be discussing the matter with Chase. Since the offer is no longer available, I have no away of seeing ALL of the terms of the offer. If you have adhered to them all, you should contact Chaxe and demand that it do what it promised to do.

If Chase fails to adhere with it's agreement with you, Southwest , I presume, would want to know it as it reflects on Southwest.. If that the case, I'd suggest that you send Southwest an e-mail. Details on how to do so are on the upper left of the contact us webpage.

As a reminder, this is a customer forum, so so far you have not been discussing the situation with a Southwest employee.

https://www.southwest.com/contact-us/contact-us.html?clk=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-CONTACT-US

chgoflyer
Aviator A

FYI: That offer is still available. It's the one every customer sees on the "Trip & Price Details" page when booking a flight on the website.

Screen Shot 2018-09-05 at 5.31.30 PM.png

"Learn More" takes you here.

Unfortunately, this seems to be one of the more complained-about Southwest card offers. Most complaints are about not being instantly approved, and then not receiving either the $200 credit or the 10,000 points. I'd suggest you review the terms and conditions to make sure you've met them all, and if so reach out to Chase.

Also unfortunately, only Chase can help you. If you do reach out to Southwest, you'll just be told to contact Chase, as Southwest has no control over their partner's decisions. Your best bet is to call the number on the back of your card.

Good luck!