Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Error redeeming past flight points

bnsf97
Explorer C

I am trying to redeem past flight points I've taken within the last 12 months that didn't have my rapid rewards associated with them and I get an error saying "Sorry we found some errors...please check your confirmation number and ensure the entire flight was flow, exchanged, or refunded". I flew all my flights, my name is the same as my account, and they were all within the last 12 months. Does the 12 month rule apply to only a single calendar year? These were all in 2022 but less than 12 months from now.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Error redeeming past flight points

jksobonya
Aviator A
Solution

If you have points from flights that are not associated to your RR account, you should first request those points to be added to your RR account in the "Request past flight points" section of your account. You can request points to be added to your account if the flights were flown within the last 12 months. Once the points post to your RR account, you can redeem them for flights using your RR account.

More info here: https://www.southwest.com/help/rapid-rewards/rapid-rewards-missing-points 

Thanks,

Jessica

bec102896
Aviator A

does the name on the reservation match the name on the account say did you get married and put your old last name? If so that will probably cause an issue 

you can reach out to southwest though the contact us link at the bottom of this page or social media and they should be able to help. 

also be sure you enter the info correctly 

bnsf97
Explorer C

Thanks! Yes the name is exactly the same, the confirmation numbers are the same, they were flown in full, and within the last 12 months. I started a ticket with customer service. Just wanted to check here first if there was any known issues or something I was missing.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@bnsf97 wrote:

Thanks! Yes the name is exactly the same, the confirmation numbers are the same, they were flown in full, and within the last 12 months. I started a ticket with customer service. Just wanted to check here first if there was any known issues or something I was missing.

Try the most recent one to be sure there isn't a timing issue, if that one doesn't work then there is some issue with matching the name or confirmation. Grab your receipt to make sure the spelling was correct.

On the confirmation number everything that could be a letter or a number is a letter. (O vs 0, I vs 1 vs l, etc.)

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.