Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Expired Drink Coupons

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Check the year again. 😉

Drink coupons expire at the end of the month one year from when they are issued. The expiration most likely is 2019.

If by some chance there's been a glitch and your coupons do actually say 2018, contact Southwest Customer Relations (my recomemdation is via Twitter) -- they'll replace them for you.

Jordychase
Explorer C

This actually came about because of a Chicago lawer who personally sued southwest over expired coupons

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2301140

chgoflyer
Aviator A

@Jordychase wrote:

This actually came about because of a Chicago lawer who personally sued southwest over expired coupons

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/2301140

I'm not sure to which comment you're replying... but FYI, the replacement drink coupons issued in result of the class action were sent in April, 2017 and all expired on May 1, 2018.

ChucklesTX
Explorer C

I read the reply for not honoring drink coupons from 2015 and it makes sense. We have 4 that expired last year in December. It would seem to me that those should be replaced as flying during a pandemic when one is 70 did not make sense to my wife and I.

Free drinks served with a round of Covid just isn't worth the risk

Thanks

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

@ChucklesTX wrote:

I read the reply for not honoring drink coupons from 2015 and it makes sense. We have 4 that expired last year in December. It would seem to me that those should be replaced as flying during a pandemic when one is 70 did not make sense to my wife and I.

Thanks

It's my understanding that March 2020 and beyond drink coupons have been extended until the end of this year so be sure to hold on to the expired ones so you can try to use them if you feel comfortable doing so once drink service resumes. 

ChucklesTX
Explorer C

Thanks for the info, ope you are right.  The coupons aren't that easy to get if you don't fly a lot so it's a nice bonus

jksobonya
Aviator A

@bec102896 wrote:

@ChucklesTX wrote:

Thanks

It's my understanding that March 2020 and beyond drink coupons have been extended until the end of this year so be sure to hold on to the expired ones so you can try to use them if you feel comfortable doing so once drink service resumes. 

I didn't realize that! I have a few that have expired so I'll hold onto them and see if I can use them in the future.

--Jessica

gsking
Aviator C

Kind of a bummer that they aren't sending out new ones anymore.   It almost seems more important to reward people flying now that extend the expired ones.   

But yeah,  there might be a lot of tipsy people on those first flights that resume beverage service. 

shelbyusn
Frequent Flyer C

I agree, as an 81 year old loyal customer.

I am a Sailor

BullsFan
Adventurer A

send them to me, I'll use 'em up before they expire!!!!!