Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Expired Drink Coupons

StoneLeet
Explorer C

Something that might be possible to do, since we can board using our phone as a boarding pass, maybe make the drink coupons also available in the SWA app?

"Not all those who wander are lost" J.R.R. Tolkien

Shelly0208
Explorer C

I agree if our drink coupons could be on our SWA account that would be wonderful!! We love Southwest!!!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Shelly0208 wrote:

I agree if our drink coupons could be on our SWA account that would be wonderful!! We love Southwest!!!

I'm not sure how they would "expire" them when you used it. If you have the fortune to buy a Business Select ticket, the drink coupon will show up as a second page on your mobile boarding pass. (Important to either get a paper copy for the drink coupon or save to your wallet since the boarding pass won't be generated by the app late after the scheduled departure.)

But that's date sensitive, where the regular coupons can be used anytime during their valid period.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

cyberrebbe
Explorer C

Sometimes a gracious flight attendent will accept recently expired drink coupons with a gracious smile as happened on my last flight to NYC this past weekend.   You don't try, you don't get served!

allenrlong
Explorer A

I’ve used expired drink tickets on multiple occasions and the flight attendants have never said anything...I don’t think they really look or even care to be honest. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Some flight attendants check the expiration, some often do not. Occasionally I'm not even asked for the coupon at all. 😉

bwallet
Frequent Flyer A

I've got like 25-30 or so drink coupons in an envelope. I'm guessing most of them have expired now. Perhaps I can turn them in for a gold star or something?