Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Family members aren't members?

wahei5s
Explorer C

Hi there,

My daughter booked a flight through my account using my points, and I wanted to designate her husband as the  "companion" for the flight. I thought that since it was booked through my account, this would be allowed, but her flight does not appear in my "upcoming trips." Is this not possible?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Family members aren't members?

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

That's not how it works. Only the person flying will see flights listed in their accounts. You purchased the flights with your points, but there's no record of the trip saved in your account.  Secondly, the companion pass holder, which seems like you are, has to be flying then they can add the designated companion to the trip. Unless your daughter is a CP holder there's no option to add a free companion on this trip. You could use your points to purchase a flight for the husband if you want. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Re: Family members aren't members?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@TheMiddleSeat wrote:

That's not how it works. Only the person flying will see flights listed in their accounts. You purchased the flights with your points, but there's no record of the trip saved in your account.  Secondly, the companion pass holder, which seems like you are, has to be flying then they can add the designated companion to the trip. Unless your daughter is a CP holder there's no option to add a free companion on this trip. You could use your points to purchase a flight for the husband if you want. 

--TheMiddleSeat

Or you can go for a joyride with them and add the companion, it's the same* as if you just used your points directly for them. 

Note you have a limited number of times you can change your companion and there should be someone designated already as the companion...

*additional taxes and fees per person

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.