Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Finding credit amount on account?

lferron924
Explorer C

I have re-booked a couple of flights recently at a lower fare and have been accumulating fare credit. I have the confirmation numbers. Is there anyway for me to see how much credit I have in my account (it's over $100 is all I know).

19 REPLIES 19

Re: Finding credit amount on account?

franktravel
Aviator B
Solution

Hi,

Go to Southwest Airlines main page. Click on Flight/hotel/car then at left click on book a flight.

then look below the Southwest logo you will see Manage reservation click on that. Then below the logo again you will see view travel funds click on that,

alphacat
Explorer C

Thank you for this information.  I love Southwest, but this feature SUCKS.  It is ridiculously hidden on the website - and now that I've found it, I have to somehow find the confirmation number(s) for the flight or flights I've cancelled. In the past it used to be that Southwest would tell you upfront - based on your Rapid Rewards number, not your confirmation number - the amount of money you had in credit. I really think this is poor customer service. In fact, it surprises me that Southwest, of all airlines, would do this to its customers. Come on, you can do better!

nikac408
Explorer C

4 years later and it still sucks..Ive entered in my canceled reservation confirmation number and I get an error message saying make sure the reservation is valid and scheduled which doesn't make any sense because its a credit for a canceled reservation!!!  I called the 800 number and was forwarded to leave a call back number for a 52 minute wait. When I finally got the call back it was from a bad line and the agent disconnected before I could even say anything!!  Good customer service would have realized the problem was on their end and called me back at least.  This is ridiculous, Im just trying to book a flight with MY money that Ive already spent, it shouldnt be this hard! 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@nikac408 wrote:

4 years later and it still sucks..Ive entered in my canceled reservation confirmation number and I get an error message saying make sure the reservation is valid and scheduled which doesn't make any sense because its a credit for a canceled reservation!!!  I called the 800 number and was forwarded to leave a call back number for a 52 minute wait. When I finally got the call back it was from a bad line and the agent disconnected before I could even say anything!!  Good customer service would have realized the problem was on their end and called me back at least.  This is ridiculous, Im just trying to book a flight with MY money that Ive already spent, it shouldnt be this hard! 

the confirmation number and the passenger name needs to be a complete match. You might want to check there first.

Also in inputting the confirmation number, it is easy to mistake a zero from an ohh, and a one from an L. That might be another place to check.

It that fails, you can contact via the Southwest app chat function or one of the other options listed below:

https://www.southwest.com/html/contact-us/index.html?clk=GFOOTER-CUSTOMER-CONTACT-US

Are you sure the credit has not expired? You could get that error message if it did.

BullsFan
Adventurer A

they don't make it easy, do they!

the link burried on the website works, but you have to co through a bunch of hoopps and then solve a puzzle to verify you're human- FUNNY HOW I DON'T HAVE TO VERIFY WHEN I'M SPENDING MONEY ON SWA, ONLY WHEN I'M TRYING TO GET IT BACK!

Explorer C

I have to agree that SWA could make it A LOT easier to find yhour credits! I fly once  a wweek, make changes, and have a hard time keeping track of the credits. I may well have lost some because of complexity of tracking them.

Can someone from Southwest comment on this phenomenon and whether you can make it an easier process, and one less frustrating?

lolagoetz
Explorer C

I have thought the same thing - it would make it so much simpler if it were listed in my account information somewhere, so I could easily find it and access it.

lisacohn72
Explorer C

It's truly sad that no one from Southwest has commented on why their practuces are this way. I travel alot. I love flying Southwest but unfortunately I do change flights quite a bit and don't remember to always  keep confirmation number. Credits should be posted where it's EASY to find on our account.  Not us having to go ask for it. It's could almost make you feel like it's a deliberate attempt to hide it but I don't understand it when the rest of your customer service has been so great? Why not make this part of it as easy and great as the rest of our experiences? 

harrisbmo
Explorer C

I am down to the wire on using several travel fund credits I have and like everyone else I wish it was easier to keep track of them on SWA than me having to do a search through old emails (as one suggested) or a file folder to find the right itinierary that has unused funds but that's what I do.  I set a reminder in Outlook any time I cancel an SWA ticket with the conf code to help me remember I do have funds to use up and by when.  

As I was reading everyone else's comments it hit me...we all should be glad SWA does let us use travel credits without a change penalty like the others (AA, Delta, UA, etc).  One of the reasons most of us fly SWA is because of the low fares, the free bags AND the fact that if you cancel you do get travel funds credit.  I'm sure it's a business decision by Southwest to not make it so obvious.  If we want to go to the trouble of keeping track of our funds, then they will gladly let us use them.  I'd rather do my homework and keep track of my money than SWA deciding to stop this practice.  Just my 2 cents...!

And thank you to the person who posted that there is an option to extend dates by paying a fee.  My next trip starts one day after my money expires and I was bummed by that.