Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Free Companion pass deal after $5,000 spent on chase credit card

acspock
Explorer C

I signed up for the special deal southwest chase credit card early in March that offers the free companion pass through Feb 2022.

My question is concerning around when will I know when I can add my companion to flights?

I've spent ~$4,000  so far and I plan to reach my $5000 requirement by my next closing date which is May 9th. 

Where can I see my status of my free companion pass? does it only activate after I hit my requirement?

Thanks for the info!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Free Companion pass deal after $5,000 spent on chase credit card

chgoflyer
Aviator A
Solution

Check the terms and conditions of the offer you signed up for.

Once you qualify you'll receive notification from Southwest of your status in your online Rapid Rewards account, and that you can pick your companion.

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

Since you are on a special promotion to get Companion Status,  your progress to Companion Pass won't track the "normal" way in the app or website.

If I were you I would give my self several extra days to get to the required spend, the terms and conditions on special offers may state some requirement about Posting date versus transaction date and missing the required spend by a day would be a bummer, remember Chase is a Bank not SW

Good Luck 

gsking
Aviator C

They should send you an email.   That's how it worked for me. 

And you can book your flights now, and add the companion anytime (as long as it's not full).

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee

Hey @acspock! I was also able to take advantage of this promotion and completed the spending requirement last Sunday, April 25. I was impressed that we already received notification of the Companion Pass yesterday, and I was able to add my husband to a trip immediately. You'll be able to add your Companion's details when you log into your Rapid Rewards account, and it will show on your My Account page. If you get the Chase app, there is a status bar that tells you where you're at with spending that we thought was a nice touch. 

Nicole
Community Manager