Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Frozen RR account and companion pass, have cancelled vacation because no one can help me!

CarlosS
Explorer C

Good afternoon everybody hopefully someone can help me. I've never had any trouble with SWA but now I'm pretty frustrated, it's already cost my family a vaction and I don't think its fair.

I needed to make a reservation two weeks ago (saturday June 19 for travel the next day) for a family trip the next day and hotel reservations were already made, and I was informed that my account is frozen for some reason, apparently someone tried to hack it. The SWA phone agent informed me that all I could do is pay for my ticked and my son's companion pass would be added and then get a refund when they unlock my account on Monday after the trip. 

Well, I have over 320,000 points and was going to pay tickets for myself , my companion pass for my son and 4 other tickets for my brother and his family with my points. it was about 200,000. 

First of all there was nothing I could do until Monday apparently, so my brother had to pay a fee for changing his hotel reservation from Sunday to Monday.

So I pay out of pocket my ticket, $552.96 and only after I pay that was I informed that I could not reserve my companion pass so either I paid another $552.97 or cancel my vacaction plans with paid itineraries. activities and hotel. Again I was told no problem, call customer relations Monday, you'll get a refund, unlock my account and be able to buy the tickets for my brother and his family for that same day with points, still not that big a deal, only one day postponed his vacation.

Well, Its been two weeks, My brother's family lost out on the vacation because the tickets in cash would have been close to $5,000.00 so it was either pay that or cancel his hotel and the activities we had already reserved and paid for, so he chose to pay the hotel cancelation, lost some sports tickets wich were paid but wasn't able to sel and a few other things. I understand that covid complicated things but its ridiculous that nobody can help me!!! Everyone tells me to call Customer Relations, that they are the only ones who can do anything. I've gone to two airports called every customer service number I can find, contacted them on Facebook, Twitter, Email and no one answers except for the customer service that says to call customer relations! I've bcalled everyday for the last two weeeks and avter one hour and a half on hold, EVERY DAY, I hang up. well my family is planning a vacation for this month to make up for that one, what do I do? they already missed out through no fault of their own and we were out of pocke a significant ammount of money.

I have been a Rapid Rewards member for 20 years, have my personal and my business credit cards with chase southwest, have over 320,000 points and have never had a problem but now that its affecting my family I need help or do I just forget about SWA and lose verything and  go to another carrier? Can anyone help me contact someone to resolve this please?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Frozen RR account and companion pass, have cancelled vacation because no one can help me!

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

That sounds awful. Sorry to hear that it is happening to you.

Southwest has had a combination of computer and weather problems. Lots of cancelled

and delayed flights so loots of people are trying to contact the airline.

I've seen situations in the past where the phones were a mess but other contact methods would work, but this time it seems like everything is jammed up. People are reporting that they've tried everything and nothing worked.

It is a real mess.

The best I can  do is suggest you try the non phone option to reach customer relations I don;t know if it will make a difference or not, but it is the best I can do.

Hope it works out for you.

https://community.southwest.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Contact-Customer-Relations/ta-p/108355

Re: Frozen RR account and companion pass, have cancelled vacation because no one can help me!

ParSWA
Adventurer B

There have been a few times in the past with companies that I've done business with where I had a customer service problem, where I repeatedly and politely tried to get support through regular channels, and could not get the help I needed. I had to come up with a bit of an 'out-of-the-box' approach.

So, what I've done on a few occasions is to get on LinkedIn, pull up the company, find a few of the highest-level executives that I could, and through LinkedIn, politely, briefly, and in detail explain the situation and asked if they could possibly assist me.

The handful of times that I've done this, it has worked like magic. Senior-level executives in larger companies are not used to getting contacted directly by a customer asking for help with a specific service problem. My experience is that when this does happen, they tend to take personal ownership of the request and quickly light appropriate fires under the right read-ends... in order to appropriately resolve the problem and get it off of their plate.

I start at the highest level possible, because they will always push the situation down the food chain. It's almost impossible to start lower on the org-chart and have the problem pushed up. A few years ago, I contacted the CEO of 1-800-FLOWERS this way and he quickly and directly replied to my request. The problem I had that had been going on for about 12 weeks was resolved within 24 hours.

Best of luck to you and I hope SWA provides you the appropriate resolution.

Evesp23
Explorer C

Did this ever get resolved? I’m in a similar situation and don’t know how to go about this.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Evesp23 wrote:

Did this ever get resolved? I’m in a similar situation and don’t know how to go about this.

One update is that customer relations is gone so you just call customer service and go from there.

Contact Southwest Customer Service 

I would probably start a new thread instead of replying to this one, you might be able to catch someone else that has been through it more recently.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Abp818
Explorer C

I am going through a similar situation. Did yours get resolved?