Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Future Improvements to A-List Perks

BullsFan
Adventurer A

some good ideas in here!

I am A list and Companion- it wold make even more sense to incude my companion, right!

I get me A list and my daughter gets a mid B so I have to wait or ask for a break from the gate agent or pay for business select for her instead of free companion- makes no sense...

bec102896
Aviator A

I agree with one companion getting to board with you. 

I totally agree on the special tag for checked bags because I am usually the last bag because my luck isn't the best 😂  

It would also also be nice to choose which perk you want for example instead of drink coupons have a choice of a LUV voucher even if it's $20 or $25  or a credit for the southwest store or even free wifi coupon or another thought would be a free business select boarding pass upgrade coupon on day of travel meaning getting the $30 or $40 fee waived 

another idea for southwest in the long term would be to have a lounge like other airlines for business select customers and A List members and companion pass travelers or team up with somone where we can get access to a lounge 

I do love the new perk they added of the waived change fee on day of travel to another flight within 2 hours of original booked flight I just wish it would exist for people who I am flying with on that reservation because it would be silly to say I will arrive 2 hours before you then have to wait on them

hope they will make some of these changes in the future!

spazzmonger
Explorer C
I agree with some of what I am reading here. I have had status on other airlines, but love Southwest. I have received Companion Pass the last two years and will obtain again this year. My thoughts are if my Companion is flying with me, we should be boarding together - as COMPANIONS! If I am flying with more than just my companion, then allow us to come on just after A group and before B. I am usually traveling with my family then and while my children are older than the requirements for Family Boarding, why should I have to get on board and then wait for them. Here is a thought - if I have obtained Companion Pass, but also have others on the same reservation - how about free Early Bird for them??

Tonnea21
Explorer C

I totally agree with allow 2 or 3 to enjoy the perk of boarding with you other wise you end up holding seats or paying to get them a 1-15 boarding pass.

ktuley
Explorer C

I have to add my 2 cents here on the Companion Pass perk..... my Companion should board with me. I understand it gets created as a separate reservation and thus the need for a second checkin, but it always separates me from my wife.  And then I have to save a seat, sometimes for quite a while. 

And I certainly understand when the companion is underage....that's when it really makes no sense. I'd be opposed to multiple family members, but the one companion should get the same boarding treatment as I do with my A-List Preferred/Companion pass.

Thanks for considering this.

paule4ou
Explorer B

Agreed on the companion pass holder boarding with their traveling partner. I cannot tell you how many times I've stood in line with someone who had the exact same boarding number as I did (and the gate agent is never confused when it happens). I'd LOVE for my COMPANION to board whenever I do. I'd even pay the EB for that perk.

barronsjim
Explorer C

I would like to be able to upgrade to A1-A15 for $10

bec102896
Aviator A

@barronsjim 

I like that idea I think they should make it cheaper for us A Lister's to get the A1-15 in case we book last minute and don't get an A boarding pass so I wouldn't mind a small fee to get in the A group instead of waiting until after the A group to board or the $30-$50 fee. Maybe $20 for A List and $10 for A List Preferred or something like that. 

Blake 

bgubs14
Frequent Flyer C

@bec102896

Yes! That would be amazing. I often find myself on standby flights because of change in plans and would definitely pay a lesser amount to move from a60 to a15-30 or something like that

Nitro
Explorer C

SWA really needs an A-list lounge.   Many of their terminals are turning into overcrowded choas.  Las Vegas and Denver are great examples.   This is what they need to add to the perks packaged.   With the Companion Pass getting further and further away...airlines with lounge offerings are beginning to look more attractive.