Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Great Customer Service

Jvas4212
Explorer C

We left Oakland today at 9:50 and had a layover in Burbank for 30 minutes or so. I asked the captain if my 10 year old son and his friend could take a peak in the cockpit to see all the buttons and switches.  The captain invited my son to sit in the co pilot seat and he explained to the boys a little about what it takes to fly the plane. I was so impressed with his kindness and his generosity. I have always enjoyed flying Southwest and the kimd, humorous flight attendants. But this experience warmed my heart and the boys loved it. With all the tragedies in the news lately, it was a welcome reminder of all the good in the world. He took a few minutes out of his day to give 2 little guys a memory they will cherish. Thank you Captain. John V.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Great Customer Service

bec102896
Aviator A

@Jvas4212 

So glad to hear that captain John made your experience a little extra special by allowing your son and his friend to check out the cockpit. 

I recommend you send the kudos to Southwest directly by clicking on the “contact us” link at the bottom of the page that way they can pass on the kudos to captain John and his supervisors.

-Blake