Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hackers stole over 53000 points from my account

Raberoga
Explorer C

I have called Southwest because on Sept. 7, 2022, 2 tickets were from Houston to Sacramento were purchased by 2 strangers.  They open a cased and it has been over a month.  As you can see I have the reservation number.  I recently tried to book a flight with my points and two preferred reward members I didn't know were on my account -  dont know if these are the folks that booked the ticket and also a new default number phone number but I believe those were the passenger names on the reservation.  I am not sure why it is taking so long to reinstate my points.  I am a Chase Southwest Visa card holder but if I can't use the points it is pointless.  Please help me get this resolved!

Raberoga_0-1665786113215.png

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Hackers stole over 53000 points from my account

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A
Solution

This is a customer to customer forum. You should contact Southwest directly to follow up on your case.

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

I believe that it is fair to air this concern in the forum.  People need to be aware that points are being stolen.

Please continue to keep us informed.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

I believe that it is fair to air this concern in the forum.  People need to be aware that points are being stolen.

Please continue to keep us informed.

Who said it wasn't fair? The OP should know they won't get any assistance here since they specifically said, "Please help me get this resolved!". 

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

Your posts have a tone that suggests that you represent Southwest Airlines.  While I have no issue with the individual contacting Southwest reminding them that this is a customer to customer forum is a bit much.

Southwest does monitor this board and simply encouraging them to contact Southwest is sufficient.  I appreciate the fact that this individual alerted us to the potential to have that account hacked.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy I have never stated that I work for Southwest and in fact have said otherwise multiple times. You can jump to whatever illogical conclusions you want, but that does not make it true. The reminder of this Community being a customer to customer forum highlights that I am not an employee. I am just a customer helping another customer. Southwest employees only monitor the Community for improper posts, they do not monitor the Community to provide customer support. Furthermore, Southwest employees posting have an employee tag on their username. Yes RR accounts get hacked, it has been reported previously in the several years I have been an active participant of the Community and it is unfortunate that it does happen. I've never said the OP should not have posted here so again I struggle to see how you have reached that conclusion.  I explained where they should go to get help and why they needed to go elsewhere (because this is a customer to customer forum). For you to infer I was telling them their post is improper is totally incorrect. If you had a problem wouldn't you like to know where you could get help and help you understand that you wouldn't be getting the response you hoped for here? 

As stated before I do not understand what issue you have with me or my tone. Stating facts plainly is what I do.

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

A better response would be:

That's good to know.  We should all keep an eye on our Rapid Rewards account for unwarranted activity.

In addition to warning others on this board, contact Southwest directly on their website and make an official inquiry.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy wrote:

A better response would be:

You were certainly welcome to post that as a reply instead of just complaining about my tone. It would have been slightly more productive and useful. I will note that now that Southwest sends emails informing the RR account holder that points have been deducted from their account it is not necessary to "monitor" their account. Clearly the OP was seeking assistance from the Community and you failed to inform them as to why that would not work. Explaining why a post to the Community is not going to get them the help they need is important to reduce frustration when they are just told to go elsewhere.

Nice try though.

--TheMiddleSeat