Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Help using my points to book for someone else??!!

Ucegang
Explorer C

Ok. I need some help here. I've tried multiple times and it won't work. I want to book a flight for my friend using my points. I know it's allowed and can be done but it keeps giving me an error message saying the name doesn't match the rr account?!! I put in his name and birthday and my rr account number and it just won't work. How else am i suppose to book for someone else using my points? Thanks for any help resolving this issue. 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Help using my points to book for someone else??!!

bec102896
Aviator A

So when you are on the booking page make sure you enter your friends name, gender, birthday also you need to remove your RR number if your friends has a RR number you can enter it if they don’t delete yours from the info section and it should work 

this issue is your RR number is still in the field 

FCCA12B4-2AF2-4A42-9E59-4A200A7D64FE.jpeg

Ucegang
Explorer C

Ok but how am I suppose to pay for it using MY points? If I leave it off, it then asks at the end how I will be paying for it but using my points is not one of the options?? 

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

1) Log in to your RR account

2) Start  the process of buying a flight - indicting you want to use points (by default it will assume it will be your points

3) Pick the flight (s) you want to book

4) Continue and input the other person's name birth date, sex, etc.

5) Input a valid payment method for government fees

6) Input the other person's RR number if you have it

Hit buy

Ucegang
Explorer C

I swear people here don't read. They don't have an rr, I do have an rr and I'm trying to use my rr points to pay for it. I've done all that and it will not let me use my points. 

bec102896
Aviator A
Solution

We are just trying to help you… 

so again 

1. log in to your account 

2. select flight that you want for your friend 

3. enter their info if they don’t have a RR number LEAVE IT BLANK remove your number this won’t affect the booking since your logged in 

4. pay taxes 

5. hit book

If they don’t have a RR number just remove your number and leave the field blank 

Ucegang
Explorer C

Apologies! It worked my friend. Thank you!