Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hi! Just a question about applying a partner's flight points to my Rapid Rewards Account.

New Arrival

Hi! 

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I just purchased tickets for my husband and I, and I was able to link my flight to my rapid rewards number. I was unable to link his flight to my rapid rewards number. Does he need his own account? Or can I apply his points to my account so they are all in one place?

Thank you so much!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Hi! Just a question about applying a partner's flight points to my Rapid Rewards Account.

Top Contributor

The rule is "whoever's name is on the ticket gets the  points"

So your husband is the only person who can earn the points.

Re: Hi! Just a question about applying a partner's flight points to my Rapid Rewards Account.

Top Contributor

@Bjense wrote:

Hi! 

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I just purchased tickets for my husband and I, and I was able to link my flight to my rapid rewards number. I was unable to link his flight to my rapid rewards number. Does he need his own account? Or can I apply his points to my account so they are all in one place?

Thank you so much!

You can still earn the purchase points if you have a Southwest credit card - you get 1 point per dollar spent in general and 1 point per dollar spent on Southwest.com while your husband will earn the 6 points per dollar cost of ticket for flying. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

Rising Star

@Bjense -- What @dfwskier said. Your husband is the only one who can earn points on his ticket. 

If he does not already have one, create a Rapid Rewards account for him.

If he does, you can add his RR number to his ticket.

Safe travels!

-A List Preferred, Companion Pass holder, Community Champion.