Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hi! Just a question about applying a partner's flight points to my Rapid Rewards Account.

Bjense
Explorer C

Hi! 

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I just purchased tickets for my husband and I, and I was able to link my flight to my rapid rewards number. I was unable to link his flight to my rapid rewards number. Does he need his own account? Or can I apply his points to my account so they are all in one place?

Thank you so much!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Hi! Just a question about applying a partner's flight points to my Rapid Rewards Account.

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

The rule is "whoever's name is on the ticket gets the  points"

So your husband is the only person who can earn the points.

Re: Hi! Just a question about applying a partner's flight points to my Rapid Rewards Account.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Bjense wrote:

Hi! 

I'm hoping someone can help me out. I just purchased tickets for my husband and I, and I was able to link my flight to my rapid rewards number. I was unable to link his flight to my rapid rewards number. Does he need his own account? Or can I apply his points to my account so they are all in one place?

Thank you so much!

You can still earn the purchase points if you have a Southwest credit card - you get 1 point per dollar spent in general and 1 point per dollar spent on Southwest.com while your husband will earn the 6 points per dollar cost of ticket for flying. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

elijahbrantley
Aviator A

@Bjense -- What @dfwskier said. Your husband is the only one who can earn points on his ticket. 

If he does not already have one, create a Rapid Rewards account for him.

If he does, you can add his RR number to his ticket.

Safe travels!

-A List, Companion Pass holder