Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hold time over 60 minutes!!

GEL690
Explorer C

Southwest -

I have tried 4 sepewrate times b/w last night and today to reach the Rapid Rewards customer service desk.  My Rewards expired today and I'm trying to talk to a represenative so I can book a flight on points, but can't get a call back or get through to a represenative.  Very disappointing!  

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Hold time over 60 minutes!!

Pixel0-7
Explorer C

I have been on hold for 4 hours and still wasn't able to get someone on the phone 

mknapp24
Explorer C

I am currently on hold with customer service and have been for 3 hours and 35 minutes. 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Very long Customer Service hold times are now the norm, and not the exception. 😞

I recommend reaching out via Twitter for any time-sensitive need.

nlbco
Explorer B

I see most of these posts were in 2017.  Just now, March 13,  2019, 9:00 a.m. PDT, I was given a 62 minute wait time!  What's up?  That is so NOT Southwest and am hoping this is not the "new norm:.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@nlbco wrote:

I see most of these posts were in 2017.  Just now, March 13,  2019, 9:00 a.m. PDT, I was given a 62 minute wait time!  What's up?  That is so NOT Southwest and am hoping this is not the "new norm:.

Call time does get longer during events such as weather or other operational disruption.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

nlbco
Explorer B

Yes, agreed.  Just now made aware that ALL flights in and out of Denver are cancelled due to weather.  I can confirm as my son lives in the Denver area and all state/government offices are closed today.  Believe me, I LOVE Southwest.  Must be a mess.

NicoleAshley
Employee
Employee
Solution

We're sorry for any frustration caused by the long hold times! Our Agents have all hands on deck and will be with you as soon as they can. Thank you for your patience. 

Nicole
Community Manager