Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Horrible Customer Service and 25k points

floridaguy
Aviator C

That's your biased opinion and yes, you have the right to that.

I have been successful in every single arbitration matter that I have been a plaintiff and also successful in every single small claims action that I have brought as a plaintiff.  While I may not have a license to practice law, that does not eradicate my knowledge of the law.

The 25,000 points didn't come out as a result of anything other than the Holiday DISASTER, as at has become known.

I would ask that you, specifically, simply please ignore my posts.  Thank you.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy "blah blah blah". Your legal suggestions here are nothing but a DISASTER. I encourage everyone to ignore your ideas, but your posts will be rebuked as deserved. 

--TheMiddleSeat

floridaguy
Aviator C

If someone was never compensated for the Holiday DISASTER, then they have the right to pursue a legal remedy.  If you consider that advice to be a disaster, then continue to believe that as long as you wish.

Time is something you never get back.  Southwest understands that concept too.  So, if they were so concerned with the situation, they would have identified all of those impacted and resolved this LONG AGO.

Instead, we read post after post of people who can't get what is due them.

Your endless conflict with my posts comes across as nothing more than sour grapes.

Again, please ignore my posts and move along.

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

@floridaguy after actually asking questions and considering facts instead of just saying "sue!", it is very clear the OP completed their flights, is not owed any refund, may still be eligible for the gift points or voucher, and is not going to to be reimbursed for lost wages. Instructing someone to sue for not receiving a gift or gesture of goodwill is extremely irresponsible and just horrible advice. The helpful advice provided by @DancingDavidE to seek a voucher for any inconvenience experienced is the best advice. Again, such compensation is for an inconvenience and is not something the OP is legally entitled to. 

My conflict with you seems to be endless as you continue to provide inaccurate, unhelpful, ridiculous advice to people without gathering all of the information or being fully aware of the situation.

I suspect many of the so-called unresolved issues posted about are similar to this one, and once all the facts are presented Southwest has handled the situation appropriately while those posting expect undeserved compensation. Blindly telling people to take legal action is just telling them to waste more of their time and money.

Your irresponsible, unhelpful posts will not be ignored by me or anyone who cares about providing accurate and useful advice and information, that would be doing a disservice to this Community. If you would "move along" that would be appreciated by many. 

--TheMiddleSeat

rolfness
Explorer C

Did you every get a resolution to your gesture of goodwill points? If so, what did you do? We are still waiting for ours to be deposited and customer service has been zero help!

thebrewers12
Explorer C

Nothing! They sent another message today to close out yet another case, but no resolution.  Still do not have our 6 codes for the points!

"Thank you for reaching out to us. As you are aware, we experienced flight disruptions (delays, diversions, and cancellations) in late December and early January that impacted our Customers. I’m sorry if your reservation was impacted.

Customers traveling December 24, 2022, through January 2, 2023, who experienced a delay of three or more hours or who were unable to complete travel as their flight or reservation was canceled were emailed an award code redeemable for Rapid Rewards points. Emails were sent either to the primary email address in a Member’s Rapid Rewards account or to the billing email address associated with a reservation. It’s important to note that each Passenger who is eligible for the offer is limited to one award code.

We are aware that some Customers who received a code for Rapid Rewards points experienced challenges redeeming the code, and we encourage Customers to verify that they entered the code correctly and try again. Once the points are claimed and deposited into a Member’s account, we are unable to reverse the transaction. That said, Rapid Rewards points can be used to purchase a ticket for anyone.

Your business is important to us, and we hope you’ll continue looking to us when your travel plans include the cities we serve." 

Sincerely,

Julian Blake
Southwest Airlines

strgth
Adventurer B

My Aunt received the same email after contacting SW several times either via phone or the Contact Us option. She finally received her points after establishing a Twitter account, following Southwest Airlines, and then sending them a Direct Message (DM) with all of her information (case number, flight number, confirmation number, RR #). DO NOT reply to their posts but instead send a direct message (that will ensure that you are not giving out personal info to the Twitter world). It worked for her (and I've read where it has worked for others). Try it. You have only 16 more days to claim.